Y&R: Discussion for the Week December 7

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But that's a very different issue. The actor can't control the writing and direction. All I'm asking is that they do everything they can do to sell what they are given. All I can ask of someone is that they give their personal best in every scene. If the writing and direction undermines that, then the fault lies elsewhere. The writing has definitely let Elizabeth Hendrickson down, but I've never watched her in a scene and thought "wow, she isn't even bothering to try" or "wow, she obviously would rather her character be with Billy, because she isn't even trying to make her scenes with Chance work (or vice versa). There is just no excuse for that %$&* when we are seeing daytime die before our very eyes.

• Members

I agree with you, I do think a lot of the younger actors are trying to do what they can. What I meant to say is that I think that the more longtime cast members (those who continue to be showcased) feel free to phone it in and play favorite because the way the show is set up, the newer cast members are never going to become established enough to be a threat to them.

• Members

Maybe it's me I don't understand because at the end of the day he is still working #1, and he's still gonna be working with both #2 (either way). So it's kind of a mute point who he wants his character to be with or where he wants him to go. In any event I would more think he's probably tired of the same story beat being played in the same exact way rather than his story direction, I would expect that's annoying. I do agree as a viewer I'd rather the actor try to sell the non-sense even if I still know it's non-sense

• Members

I'm suprised that Billy even took the effort to buy the flowers to apologize to Victoria. That apology was half assed at best. If Billy was supposed to be sincere, then Billy Miller didn't convey it. I get that he's going after Victoria "for Colleen", but unless she's married to herself she's not the only one in this marriage. JT did nothing wrong to Colleen. In fact he stuck up for her and prevented her from making a bigger spectacle of herself. Which put him in some trouble with the Newmans (mainly the Vics). If Billy was thinking of Colleen than he would have considered what JT meant to her.

Billy said it was nothing personal. Who's pretending now Billy?

Is it just me or did Billy and JT switch personalities?

• Members

good lord the show is boring as hell. I have it on in the background bc this is the first time in weeks that Im home during show time and bored out of my mind. Im too lazy to turn the tv off and just leaving it on till AMC comes so I can change the channel

LMAO! Just as I wrote that Jill says "Oh boy, Im boring you to tears, arent I?" Talk about timing!

• Members

I'm glad that Jill showed up in today's episode.

I feel sorry for Heather. She has to be incompetent to allow the viewers to feel sorry for Daniel.

It's nice when JT and Paul have scenes together same with Katherine and Murphy. God help me, but I liked Katherine's talk with Victoria. It's nice to see her talk to a younger woman who isn't Chloe or Amber.

Archived