Y&R: Discussion for the Week December 7

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok so I watched the Sharon, Nick, Adam scenes on youtube it is so funny to me how people are complaining about both SC and MM's performances in this story, could JM be any less committed to the material? That wasn't subtle that was straight line reading. Wow, JM has not been my actor's pick of the week much but it is shameful to watch I feel liek I am watching a creative domino effect

• Administrator

LOL I know eh. From like Sept 08 to March 09, we were like fighting to start the Y&R thread and it would immediately go up on Sunday morning. Now I'm going, "Crap, *I* have to start the Y&R thread because nobody wants to." :lol:

Sometimes it's because the episode is too short and they need something to fill up the time. Unless it's done for almost every episode (ie. periods of JER's tenure at DAYS and PSNS), it's not intentional.

• Members

ITA agree with you on this and I am going to defend him too. He basically has been repeating this crap for the past 2 years (and even before that), I swear for every line he gets I have heard it about a dozen times since last year. :blink::wacko: I am as bored as he is having to mourn Nick and Sharon's dead children and he appears to be the only one doing the grieving. Am I supposed to feel sympathy here when the actor himself looks tired of this S***!!! Let's move on already!!

But hang in there Joshua, I think help is on the way!! :P:)

• Members

With CBS down to just two soaps now, that means Y&R is gonna be hella micromanaged in more ways than it was before.

Here's hoping it leads to some decent changes both in front and behind the camera. Y&R needs some better people handling the creative/writing side, and it's time they get their asses in gear, since they have nothing to lose anymore. I sincerely hope 2010 brings in a new regime at this show, even if we have to keep Maria as a figurehead, despite her atrocious leadership skills. We needs a better Co-Head Writer (with Sheffer and Hamner being fired), a smaller writing staff, some better script and breakdown writers, and a better technical producer than that haggard tool Paul Rauch. A new casting director that doesn't favour has-been former primetime stars would be nice too.

• Members

Well, I watched a piece of shite today. I tuned in for the first time since Phillip left. I think I heard something, but I'm not sure.... did Doris say "Did they come from the yard?" when asking Sharon about the flowers?? I'm not sure I heard it right. I wouldn't think a writer could be so utterly STUPID as to write a line of dialogue suggesting someone was cutting flowers from their yard in Wisconsin in December... did I acutally hear that, or was I mistaken?

Archived