Y&R: Discussion for the Week December 7

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The awful Teresa Zimmerman. A lot of her scripts have been consistently awful lately.

I'm glad others are starting to notice the crappy day to day and overall crappy dialogue writing on Y&R.

I'm not feeling this Tucker character. When you build a new character, you're supposed to make sure there's something worth investing in and lace it with some defined intrigue. I find Tucker boring, and nothing about him intrigues me. I'm also finding William Russ quite boring and bland thus far. The sad thing is, I knew he's a pet of this writing team, and they will be shoving him down out throats, no matter how developed (or non-developed) he is as a character.

• Members

How are people feeling about Mac just curious(Clementine Ford). I still think the actress is horribly miscast and I thought CF was really decent on The L Word so it has nothing to do with acting ability. She's just so deadpan and bland. Mac is supposed to be the noble honorable sweet character I wish they'd cast her with someone that seems to have some natural sweetness and charm on screen. Y&R used to be very good I felt at one time at fixing casting issues. I guess they don't feel like this is an issue.

Secondly I have about had it with how they have written Phyllis. I used to be such a fan of this character. Don't get me wrong, I think think MS is a terrific actress, but it's like everything that I ever enjoyed about her character has been sucked away and/or dulled down with Nick. I hate the pairing with a passion for that reason especially.

• Members

I thought Clementine was beginning to find her groove, but that evaporated quickly. The writing for Mac has been directionless since she returned, they have no idea what do with her. Forcing her into this LAME surrogacy story is another thing in the long list of misfires with this character since she came back.

Also, it doesn't help that Clementine has no chemistry with anyone on the show. Not with Billy Miller, not with Jeanne Cooper, not with anyone.

I wish they'd recast or send Mac out of town again. Better yet, I wish they'd recast and get a better writing team to write for all the characters on this show.

• Administrator

The more Tucker is on the more the business story is going to be on and the more Jill and Katherine are going to be on. So I say bring it. This is the most watchable thing about Y&R right now. I can't wait to see when Tucker goes after the company (at least I hope that happens).

• Members

Mac is supposed to be sullen and low key. If that's deadpan, then so be it. AshBash's Mac was the same way.. I liked it because it was something DIFFERENT. This show has enough scenery-chewing actors.... Stafford, Muhney, Chapman, Leblanc and his jazz hands.. Frantz and her hysterics, this show NEEDS a low key character or two to provide balance, or else you have a cast full of circus freaks.

• Members

I thought her Mac had more of a sweetness about her underneath that seemed to shine through the low key portrayal. Plus she seemed to integrate much better into the canvas and had chem with a lot of actors on the show. I think the writing is partially to blame but how can you cast someone as Mac who has zero chemistry with her alleged true love Billy and Katherine.

Need I ask?

• Members

Ashley Bashioum could actually act. She brought it in scenes when she had to be a bitch opposite Jill, Brittany or Colleen. She actually has sex appeal, an edge and wasn't just Saint!Mac. Firing her when she returned was a huge, huge mistake. She had amazing chemistry with Kevin and could've saved that character from the nightmare he's been in since. She had chemistry with Daniel and I think she'd be more believable making mistakes and being a real soap character. I certainly don't think her Mac would have anything to do with a loser like Lily.

ETA:

I'm catching up on Y&R and nothing is sacred anymore! Even Heather's glorious long golden brown locks look like [!@#$%^&*]. Who did this to her?! It is another attempt to make us hate this potentially ratings gold character? Makes me so sad. Heather is the future of Y&R! No I'm not crazy either. I think she could fill the void Lauralee Bell left while being more interesting. She can be business sexy, a little bitchy and you can put her with any man on the show and it'll work. They need to strip her clothes off and get at it. I'd rather they attempt something with her over duds like Amber, Jana, even Phyllis and Sharon at this point.

• Members

The way the show is now produced, I don't believe they have any real ability to make any legacy characters or to write for interesting or watchable heroines, or couples, or much of anything. The whole show is so incredibly empty. No one seems to care.

I guess that's not being fair but when I see plot points about Phyllis rooting around trash dumps, I don't know how else to respond.

That whole story is just an awful mess. Do they ever sit around and ask themselves what this story is about? If they don't, then they should, because I don't know if any viewers can tell them.

Archived