Y&R: Discussion for the Week December 7

• Members

Karen blew by the line so quickly, and didn't enunciate very clearly I wans't sure what I heard. THANK GOD. And who here thinks she blew by it like that on purpose? If I were her, I'd have said something about it, but they don't use her much... maybe she needs the money and didn't want to make waves. . The Rawlins estate is a big, fancy place.... they simply could have said "greenhouse". But a mistake that big is really amazing to me. Who wrote it? I wonder.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not surprised, as I keep saying, the day to day writing and overall dialogue writing on Y&R has been atrocious for a while now. Not only are the storylines bad, but the staff writers themselves seem to not get the show or they have no idea what they're doing. The day to day writing is so inconsistent, terrible, and even bizarre at times on this show.

It definitely doesn't have lessen the pain of how horrible the overall storylines are, in fact, it makes things worse and little problems even bigger.

• Members

Sharon and the caricature known as Adam are hideously coma-inducing and lacking in anything that resembles chemistry. These two are only together because of the shock value of what Adam did to Sharon's baby, right? There's nothing compelling about the dynamic of these two characters or the actors together.

I'm beyond tired of Michael Muhney and his awful ticks and theatrics.

• Members

I suspect his own agendas are at much at play here as any by TPTB. He's made it all too clear which direction he wants this story to go.

To some degree I understand that some of the material these actors are being asked to play is simply eye rolling right now. I have a small amount of sympathy, until I remember that they are making huge money (not as huge as it used to be, but still huge compared to what most people make)to act.

So as far as I'm concerned I expect them to be on top of their game whether they are working with the people they want to work with or not and whether the writing is up to standard or not. Do the best you can with what you are given and earn that half million (or whatever it is) you are making to play act, damn it. The entitled attitude some of these people seem to have is really starting to grate. If they don't want to give their all, I bet there are some hungry young actors out there who are willing to take on the role and play it to the hilt every single day.

Archived