Lorraine Broderick as AMC head writer

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, it wasn't.

Broderick isn't flashy, you're right. Honestly, some of her stories put me to sleep literally. I remember falling asleep during some of the Kelsey/Kevin storyline, not that it wasn't good, it lacked energy. However, she's 100 times better than any of the last regimes we've had and maybe one of her co-headwriters will infuse some energy into her work. Better yet, bring back Felicia Minei Behr and I guarantee she can bring Broderick's scripts to life.

OMG, yes!

Yeah, they're way ahead, about 6-7 weeks. Kelly and Mark just taped their 40th Anniversary part and I suspect the others will be taping their scenes too before Thanksgiving.

• Members

LB isn't a flashy writer, yes, but I think this is what this show desperately needs right now. She can write 'flashy'-type events (i.e. the plane crash) but still make it about the characters and how it impacts them. She is really good with the day-to-day beats of things. After B&E's "Crash," and Pratt's tornado and embarrassing "Who killed Stuart?" sh.t, I'm looking forward to some more subdued, subtle storytelling for once.

• Members

I agree it got boring near the end but I think she was on her way to turning things around when she got the ax. I remember coming across her 1997 winter previews somewhere online a few years back and what she had planned sounded really really good. I tried to find the site again but it's been a while and it's probably long gone. What I remember in particular was she planned to reignite the Adam/Palmer feud in a big story.

• Members

That's why this show needs a really strong executive producer to bring the stories to life and infuse energy. JHC can't do that and she can't manage her own budget. How many more reasons does Frons need before she fires her?

I did too, but they were to sugary.

• Members

Well she did have FMB as EP at ATWT and the show was still boring. I think she will be good for a couple of months and then start writing boring [!@#$%^&*] again....lol. I wouldnt get too excited about her returning. You're putting all your eggs in one basket...lol. She is of course an improvement from everyone else but remember she was axed before because the soap dropped in the ratings....OLTL....GH and even ATWT were ranked above AMC.

• Members

I loved AMC when Lorraine Broderick was writing for AMC. It was CHARACTER driven, All the characters were showcased and everything made sense. I remember AMC back in 1996-1997. It was amazing. I espcially loved the whole "The Real Santa" storyline with Myrtle. She can sometimes get boring after a year or two but things then do pick up. That's what we been missing with the 3 HW we had. They start of very well then get boring to the point where no one wants to watch it. I bet Broderick's boring is better's the B&E or Megan's AMAZING.

Also I would like either Francessca James to come back. She had A LOT of character and she cared about AMC. She has the vision that we have been lacking from JDB and JHC.

• Members

Down with JHC!

Hrmm I didn't find them sugery--maybe it helped that I had a best friend at the time who was kinda in love with me (a girl--though I screwed it up more than Kevin did by actually dating and sleeping with her before coming out, oh the drama lol) so I could relate as a teenager their age. I lvoed their friendship, liked even how Opal with good intentions led Kelsey along, etc. Of course basically the day Broderick left Kevin disappeared.

Archived