Lorraine Broderick as AMC head writer

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lorraine has been gone from daytime for five years, yes, but taking a break doesn't mean you have to be done for good, LOL. Five years away is ample time for her to recharge her batteries and miss daytime and want to come back to it. We once thought that Michael Malone would never return to daytime, either...

Lorraine worked for JHC during the Karen Harris era (she was a breakdown writer). I'm thinking they must have a good rapport.

I don't think JHC is going anywhere. They wouldn't have her move back to LA and then fire her. The show is going through enough of a transition with the move; doing an EP change would really send things into a spin at this point, IMO.

• Members

I loved Max/Roxy, and I liked Natalie, and Bo/Gabrielle (at least in theory -- Gabrielle as hiding secret debts, or whatever, I didn't care for). I just wish they hadn't had that truly horrible sequence of Mitch drugging and raping Viki on the Llanfair living room sofa. And then Niki's return, which was, for many reasons, a huge disaster.

It's funny that the three who were a bit of a mess, to say the least, at OLTL at that time, may now be seen as saving soaps (hyperbole alert).

• Members

Now this might finally be a step in the right direction. I'm sorry if it's been mentioned, I haven't read the whole thread and I was to young to pay attention to the credits back then...but didn't LB write Erica at Betty Ford? The time line seems like she did. That was the first time I remember seeing Erica, and I instantly saw how strong, how stubborn, how powerful she was. Though, she did that Maddie swap too, didn't she? Not one of Erica's better storyline's, but I thought Susan's acting after Erica's miscarriage was fantastic.

This is definitely someone who could put AMC back on the right path. :)

• Members

Agreed with your first point--plus AMC is HER show in many ways--she grew up on it. Maybe it was an opportunity she couldn't pass by (can all us fans chuipin and get a big bouquet of flowers sent to her? :P )

You're probably right aboutJHCthough she is the next one I want out (unless her and Broderick or whoever she's with prove to be magic). She's been the connom denominator IMHO amongst all the suckage AMC has had the past--5? 6? years?

Archived