Lorraine Broderick as AMC head writer

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she was also met by a great deal of interference at ATWT from PGP. I recall an interview with Eileen Fulton where she said that Broderick had a great deal of story ideas which were all rejected in story meetings with executives from PGP. They didn't seem tom let her write what she wanted to write most of the time.

• Members

I'm really optimistic about this. She's a very intelligent writer, and I just hope she's allowed to do her thing and flourish DESPITE Frons. Of course she'll have to comply with Frons's agenda of keeping Ryan, Annie, Kendall and Greenlee front and center, but if she can flesh out their characters more and give them interesting stories, as well as diversify the canvass, then that's all we can hope for. The voodoo crap and Santa Claus were all Francesca James and ABC, which had just been bought by Disney at the time. I'm also hoping that this might mean the return of Julia Barr on a more permanent basis. Lorraine and Julia are actually good friends in real life and Lorraine always wrote for Brooke (her writing got Julia her last Emmy), and with Julia returning for the 40th anniversary, well, maybe the planets are aligning for her return. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all develops.

• Members

It's important to note that Broderick is inheriting a very different show than the one she first inherited by herself in 1995. Will there be massive changes in the cast of characters on this show? Will their be a mass exodus of certain useless characters (which is very much needed in some cases), or will she work with these characters that are perceived as useless and develop them better?

I guess we'll have to wait in see. But I'm interested in seeing what approach she takes, even with mandates from Frons.

Archived