Y&R: Episodes Discussion, Week of Nov. 9th, 2009

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate it when Nick confronts him and Adam ends the scene with some stupid smug look, like he had gone crazy in that brief second. If Adam made that face Nick would instantly know he's got something on him. However, everyone keeps pretending like Adam is reformed.

• Members

I love Nick but seeing him in this role which he was sort of thrust into because they didn't know the outcome of EB's status is throwing me off. I don't mind his dude speak at all, I have been around execs from Google and they do talk like that :lol: but NE is not like Google so it just seems weird LOL. But even though I love the character, it's time for a tumble of the "high horse"!! :lol:

• Members

I am not intentionally contrarian, really I'm not. But I enjoyed so much about this episode, it is ridiculous. (I'm sorry to provoke eye rolls).

1. Kay (and Jeanne) literally taking WICKED DELIGHT in bringing out Jack's sneakiness...and later vowing to beat him at his own game. This is a game for her! I'm so glad she's energized by this. I also enjoyed that she is so wrong ("Abbotts circling the wagons")...when we're in for a true multi-flank war.

2. An interesting three-way clash of the titans story in the build. Ashley-Adam vs. Nick-Jack (???) vs. Neil-Kay-(Jill?). I wasn't one who missed the business storylines, but this looks like fun. And the fact that they referenced past plots (e.g., Jack losing Jabot when he went public) suggests this won't be so repetitive.

I imagine the plan is for

to come in and steal it all away...but I imagine the more ultimate plan is for Victor to come in and save it all for Kay.

3. I enjoy Adam...his cracks me up with his petulant posturing and eye rolling. I think he and Nick do have a nice chemistry, and I look forward to seeing that play out.

4. Amber's bedazzled phone with ring tones cracks me up EVERY TIME. I just love that that phone has become a character in its own right.

5. Stafford was on FIRE twice today. Obviously, her verbals and non-verbals with Amber were terrific. And I loved her going toe to toe with Deacon.

6. I enjoy that the plot is advancing in the Deacon mystery. A quick turn to make him sympathetic (his son was threatened), and Ryder is proven innocent of the murder. I'm increasingly wondering if the mystery woman is going to tie together Tawny Moore AND Kay's missing daughter. Just a feeling... I'm legitmately intrigued by how this will all play out.

7. I felt much less with Stafford and Graziadei, even though Stafford was continuing to try hard. But Graz just seems bored to me.

In general, I feel many of the characters have found solid footing again, and I believe most of the stories are positioned to be dramatic, intriguing, comical, mysterious....not dark and "misogynistic". I realize there is at least one spumor out there that is UTTERLY misogynistic...and I even feared I saw seeds of that thrown yesterday...but I'm hoping that won't happen.

Heck, even the thing that p*ssed me off most (another doppelganger) seems to have led to a very intriguing character (Dr. P).

• Members

Nick has no gravitas. I never bought him as executive material especially compared to Heather Thom's Victoria but now he is a joke in that chair. I hate how they have Michael propping him by standing behind him just like they have Michael standing behind Victor. It is one thing for Michael to be Victor's right hand man, but Michael is wasted helping out Mr. Junior Executive. They really miss Neil over at Newmans even though he was never going to be CEO. I always believed he was capable of running that company, and I like how he worked with Michael.

But Adam would be even worse. I have not been a huge fan of Victor's this past year, but they need him running Newmans.

Archived