Y&R: Episodes Discussion, Week of Nov. 9th, 2009

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God, this show is totally shi!t and inane.

Lily has to have a baby as soon as possible? Um, girl, worry about your cancer first and finishing school. Why are they imposing this nasty writing on such a young character? I find it very weak and totally outdated of them to do this. Cane and Lily continue to be nauseating.

This crap is totally representative of this writing regime pandering to rabid fanbases, most of which they must see on the message boards they obviously frequent.

And Mac being their surrogate? WHY, MARIA, WHY?!?! This character has been completely wasted and serves to only prop Billy and now LAME. God, they really ahd no plans when they brought Mac back, much like with Chance.

God, I'm so over this interpretation of the Billy character. Does he have to be a complete hyper-active !@#$%^&*] 24/7. There used to be more to this character, but I guess we had better writers then.

This Chance [!@#$%^&*]! is utter bullshit. Another big plot point so they can have Chloe realize that she's into Chance. Really Y&R, you think your audience isn't stupid to figure that out. :rolleyes: Chance and Chloe have no chemistry, and this stabbing isn't making Chance anymore interesting as a character.

Phyllis berating Patty should have happened weeks ago. Why the wait? I found that little confrontation kind of weak, and that letter Patty wrote to Summer was a weak motive to get Phyllis to go over there and talk to Patty - the woman almost killed her daughter, motive enough.

I find Emily entirely annoying. What's her use, to just tell us that Patty is paying for her crimes. :rolleyes: Too little, too late. I'm happy Phyllis has no remorse for Patty.

• Members

This Chance stabbing is the dumbest peice of sh!t I've seen in a while, but totally representative of this poisonous writing regime. It takes violence and shock to get a character to realize she's in love with the victim. :rolleyes:

Chloe and Chance have no chemistry, and are boring as hell. They should not be more than friends.

Chance needs to buy a personality first or be written out and written back in when we have some better writers.

• Members

They really didn't expect the viewer backlash against Patty and her crimes, and they seem to be hastily trying to make up for it. But it isn't working, which is why I think Patty is one her way out soon, and they get to keep Haiduk as Emily. Stupid, but predictable, like all of Y&R at the moment.

This show feels like they're making everything up as they go along. Is it supposed to feel this hollow and void of some form of long-term goals?

• Members

She was intimidated by the fierceness that is Victoria.

I don't think they care about Patty. It's all shock value.

I still expect Emily to be revealed as psycho at some point. The ridiculous decision to have Jack already making moves on her is even more indication.

• Members

It's completely unnecessary. EH is probably the strongest under 30 actress on the show right now. Just give her the material and let Chloe be what she is.People will naturally either love her or love to hate her, but she won't sink unless the writing fails her.

Archived