Y&R: Episodes Discussion, Week of Nov. 9th, 2009

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. I can never go with the idea that he was going to have this amazing story but his acting somehow ended it. They never cared about making the effort. They never do.

This storyline should have given these women, and this show, years of material. It's one of the most disgusting wastes ever on any soap opera. Bell legacy my butt.

• Members

Also, since they write these scripts like three months in advance, Thom's "story" couldn't have ended due to his bad acting. NOTHING was written for him, his return was simply to prop Cane and for some shock and awe.

WORD.

At least we have the satisfaction of knowing when daytime is really dead in a few years, all these hacks and their enablers will be unemployed. I don't wish unemployment on many, but in this case, when they refuse to set any long-term goals, build up, or follow through for a daily serial, then they do not deserve to be employed in this field. If I repeatedly failed at the requirements for my job, I wouldn't still be employed.

• Members

I loved him as Coop and just recently I started to see him doing better as Chance, but they need to give him something more than being an uptight prude.

IA, but I'm willing to give it a little more time since the show is so clearly going there. I thought I saw something the other day when they were being flirty and light with each other.

• Members

In a world where so many people are unemployed, they definitely deserve to be fired. I can bet people with no writing history could come up with some organic storylines. Maria, Hogan and Scott all need to be put somewhere where they can no longer affect any part of daytime. (Along with SO MANY HWs of the current soaps).

• Members

It's a shame really. It seems as if most of the Abbotts are propping Billy, while most of the Chancellors are propping Chloe, with the Winters/Mac propping Lame, and Lauren/Michael propping his demented family. That's not what this soap should be about. It should be about everyone in a way.

• Members

The shallowness of the writing is horrible.

Almost the entire extended Chancellor/Winters/Abbott family was in one central location today yet the best they could do was prop Lane & Chloe.

Billy Miller steamrolling into the scene like a radish faced Mack truck was the worst part.

• Members

I loved when Neil told Cane that he and Lily should wait five years to have a child and that the only reason Lily wants a child is because Cane wants one. What kind of goals does Lily have? It's sad that Mac thinks being a surrogate is fulfilling. Isn't Brock in charge of a charity at Chancellor? Couldn't Mac help their?

It's about time Nina told Phillip he doesn't get to worry about Chance and she won't be his best friend.

When Jack told Nick "You have Adam. I have Bily." I never thought that Jack was comparing Billy to Adam in the sense that both have done the same amount of terrible things. Rather that both were black sheeps of their families. But I can understand why Billy would take it the wrong way.

Normally I would be happy that Phyllis isn't giving Patty a free pass because she's crazy, but since she's not angry at Victor. Patty's 7 shades of crazy, what's Victor's excuse? Being an a**hole doesn't count. Phyllis isn't angry at Victor because of her love for Nick, right? I'm not a parent, but I would think that a woman's love and protection for her child would come first before her love for her husband.

No one can suspend their disbelief that much to believe Victoria has fierceness.

The problem is I don't think they want anyone to hate Chloe and are trying to make her into a heroine. That's why they are brushing everything she did to Lane under the rug.

• Members

I don't find that sad. I think it probably is very fulfilling to help a couple bring a child into the world. My issue with this is no one except possibly Neil is voicing the obvious objections and even he isn't being blunt enough. Why would you bring a child into this world when they are in serious danger of growing up without a mother. At the very least they should be discussing if that is a fair thing to do to the baby. Instead we hear Cane wondering if Lily wants to do this for him, so he'll still have a piece of her if she dies. They aren't thinking like potential parents more like selfish shallow idiots.

I can even understand why Lily wants a biological child so badly. It's a connection to her mother and to the past. I think it's very understandable that she wants that, but I think the more compelling story would be dealing with losing that chance and finding that an adopted child can be just as loved.

Archived