Y&R: Episodes Discussion, Week of Nov. 9th, 2009

• Members

I think part of it was having expectations that were too high. Some of us remember the time he was on the show as Y&R glory days. Add to that a major rewriting of history and you just kind of expect that the acting is going to be there to support such a drastic move, but it wasn't. Never in a million years did I think TPTB would hang a rusty TB out to dry like they did. Because really, when he first started the acting was incredibly weak and off. If he had been a new actor I wouldn't have had any expectations, which I think is why it was easy for me to give CF time to adjust. But TB is definitely improving too and I think they tried to explain some of his stiffness and non reaction away today. In any case, I do think any actor should be given a couple of months to settle into a role, which is why I'm quiet on Daisy for now and if any more vets from 20 years ago pop up, I'll be sure to have more realistic expectations.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I understand the writers actually DID write a scene with Phyllis going off on Victor. However, Eric would not play the scene. He REFUSED. Therefore, they took it out.

Yep. Sure am glad he's coming back. :rolleyes: I hope they reign that mess in during this round of EB's version of Victor. Peter Bergman recently gave an interview to a French magazine where he also mentioned EB's stubborness when it came to not playing scenes he thought would make reflect poorly on Victor. PB actually did mention he was sorry that EB would probably be going but at least the writers would be able to write scenes that told the stories they wanted without ONE actor holding the rest of the show hostage.

• Members

Soapydoc: three questions:

1. Do you have a link to the Bergman french interview? FrenchFan (if you're reading) do you have a link?

2. Do you have a source for this statement that there was a Stafford-Bergman scene, but he refused it? Was this the in-ranch scene before Phyl left town?

3. You are attributed with saying Vail was re-signed to a contract. Do you have a source or a current disposition on this?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm trying to separate spumor from fact, LOL

• Members

1. I don't have a link but it was in Telestar Magazine that went on sale October 19th. Per Mathys on Sony.

2. It was not Stafford Bergman but Stafford and EB. I can't reveal my source, sorry. But I feel confident enough to come on a message board and pass it on.

3. As I had mentioned to someone last week who PM'd me, I had been told that Val was under a one-year contract, newly engaged and pregnant, a couple of months ago. I have no idea where things stand now as this was from someone who knows someone who works for Bell Productions. I had heard a little more but would rather not go further since the rest of what I'd heard was very subjective.

Archived