Y&R: Episodes Discussion, Week of Nov. 9th, 2009

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forcing myself to watch this weeks Y&R and did anyone notice on on 11/11 the scenes with Phyliss and Daniel some were on film and some were on tape?

I am at the point now I watch Y&R out of habit. I find myself being forced to watch it. I DVR OLTL, DAYS, and Y&R and when I do my marathons on the weekend, Y&R is always LAST. I get so depressed before I start watching.

• Members

I noticed EXACTLY what you are mentioning...but it wasn't film. I don't even think it was intentional film-look.

The camera that was faced toward the left of Daniel's apartment set was doing something funny. That's the camera from which you could see the door. For some scenes, Amber was in that camera. For others, Phyllis was in that camera. Throughout that episode, shots from that camera had some kind of film-look.

I think the camera must have been defective. Somehow the shutter speed or f-stop was off (I'm ignorant about how,e xactly, filmlook is achieved).

I would be open to Y&R adopting a filmlook in general. They did it, experimental, last year for one episode JUST before they went to the LA Museum of Modern Art (and wasn't the museum visit filmed in film-look??...I can't remember).

ETA, I noticed it twice. I noticed this filmlook on the over-the-air HD broadcast, recorded from my cable DVR and watched on my LCD TV. I also noticed it on the CBS-online stream on my computer. So this wasn't specific to a particular transmission.

• Members

Like everyone said the final scene of Y&R was great.( Just did my Y&R marathon) I was just about to pull Y&R off my DVR list until the cliffhanger. I can't wait to see who this is.

I like Ryder and think he has potential.

I honestly Love the dynamic of Billiy's and Mac's relationship.

I love the actress that plays Emily/Patti but thinks it's sick if she considers a romance with Jack

This week sure has been boring though.

• Members

I'm not impressed by this mystery person. For one thing, this show doesn't need yet another morally bankrupt character, it doesn't need more castmembers, and every storyline the Scobbies have been involved in thus far has been disastrous.

As Paul Raven mentioned, often the mysteries with this horrible writing regime start off on a good note, but the execution, longterm plotting, and follow through are so bad that nothing is worth investing in anymore. Maybe that won't be the case now, but I'm not hopeful.

God, this show lacks direction in every sense of the word...

• Members

Gotta love screw loose Phyllis giving Jack the third degree about dating Patty's psychiatrist. It wasn't that long ago that Phyllis was trashing hotel rooms. Too bad Maria forgot about that too. The only good Phyllis is a batsh*t crazy one.

The music cue they used during that pathetic tag is really good.

Archived