Y&R: Episodes Discussion, Week of Nov. 9th, 2009

• Members

Again, LUDICROUS! They did not need Phillip to expose Cane. There were a myriad of ways to make Cane a fraud while letting Phillip remain six-feet-under. And Phillip certainly wasn't needed just so Chance can come home from Iraq. Chance's mother, grandmother, and Katherine were already there waiting for him. And if Rafe wasn't supposed to be gay then I certainly don't understand why they made him so. No, in the end, the writers were overcome with cowardice! Pure and simple!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chloe/Phillip bonding.

Wow is that dialogue awkward.

It's a nice scene, although I don't quite get the background music. I thought they were going to start making out.

I don't think they were overcome with cowardice. I think they were cowards to begin with. There was never any hint they had more story for Rafe than being the loser who got duped by Adam. Or for Phillip than propping Cane and bringing in Chance.

• Members

Overcome with cowardice or cowards to begin with, it doesn't matter. THEY LIED! They are the ones who relayed a supposed gay story to the fans. As for any hinting, Chance had PLENTY of hints surrounding him, especially in the beginning. I suppose it depends on how people saw it.

• Members

We're getting the anvils of psycho Patty again already? Never again, please, no. One rampage was enough. Animals and Australians are not safe.

Aside from her awful shrieking at the end, this is one of the more tolerable Amber/Daniel episodes in a while. I had really grown to think Amber was, if not great on Y&R, at least OK, until this past year.

Doug looks cute with those glasses but they remind me of a Project Runway designer.

• Members

This doesn't make any sense, the fans wanted Cane exposed but the writers didn't? Cane WAS exposed as a fraud wasn't he? And wasn't it the writers who made this happen? And Phillip "saving" Cane? He didn't save Cane. Cane still ended up looking like a liar to those he was close to. The fans got what they wanted courtesy of the writers. As a result, I still say Phillip was not needed for any of this to happen. They could have and should have done something else.

• Members

a.) Can't you look it up yourself Mr. "I Need PROOOOOOOF"? and

b.) That article has been quoted many, many times on this board and you have probably recited the quote like a prayer it 2X as much as it as been quoted and linked to. Why would you need to see it again?! To twist it so you can have the "evidence" you need to say, "A HA! I am right."

Archived