Y&R: Episodes Discussion, Week of Nov. 9th, 2009

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something about the Billy/Mac scene. When it was revealed that Billy was going to be hurt that Mac's first child wasn't going to be his, I kept wondering if he knew this wasn't the first time she's been pregnant?

True, it's also hard to believe that this is the same Lily that Dru had a hard time controlling.

• Members

Actually,.."Woe is Me" who has chronic NoNickintheBedItis disease (as someone has termed this unknown mental health illness):lol: that not even a regular hospital can cure and Billy work quite well. Now these 2 I can see together if not romantically, as friends who probably should be the ones reminiscing about their behavior this past year though one has been at it her entire life that it's hard to tell if she has any other personal traits or if she does "woe is me" overshadows it all. That's why the writers are able to write such easy stories without any in-depth follow through for both characters.

I don't think we will ever see Billy written any other way (at least for now) and actually I am being a tad selfish because I loved Terry Lester's Jack so I am enjoying the offkilter behaviour..but now he is getting somewhat overexposed too soon.

• Members

It's odd that her miscarriage hasn't been brought up, but that's not really the same thing as having a child with someone else. At least not to me, I know there are many who think differently. My main thought is what a hypocrite. Mac isn't the mother of your first child and you aren't married to her, so you really only have as much say in this as Mac allows you jackass. Not that I think this is a good idea at all, but still. Billy is raising a child with Chloe and he is crying about not being the father of her first. Please!

• Members

But I wonder if anyone does or even if that's what the writers intend. I know some think so, but I don't. I think we are supposed to see Billy as a selfish little jackass right now. Look at how he came into the hospital whining about himself when Chance was stabbed and lily has cancer. He looked like a selfish fool and whatever these writer's faults are they have to intend that. This is all leading up to Mac dumping him I hope.

• Members

I agree with Juliajms as pessimistic as I am. Billy's current characterization is blatantly what the script calls for, they are putting in extra work to break what-ever Mac and Billy are supposed to be apart. I just don't know why, at least from my POV just have the characters realize that they have past their "prime"

• Members

I guess what worries me is where exactly Billy will even go. I don't want him near Chloe after the awful writing for their marriage; I've never really believed they had genuine feelings for each other, especially Billy to Chloe. I don't buy that this is some great relationship because she understands him, or that they are both trying to settle, or any of the rest.

• Members

Wherever this Billy is supposed to go is for sure, not this incarnation of Mac. It would seem to me TPTB made another boobooo, maybe they were betting too much on the Billy/Mac connection not realizng the chemistry (and their writing) is just not there now they'll have a problem because Chilly isn't romance either (though chemistry exists). It would seem to me Billy became a TOTAL jerk for the purposes of playing to the Chance- Chloe- Billy "triangle" that we all sense is coming. Chance is the Knight in shining armor, while Billy is the Dark Knight

Archived