OLTL: Discussion for the week November 2

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Destiny and Danielle ever came to blows over Matthew, that would be one time where I'd gladly welcome a stereotype: the black girl BEATING THE [!@#$%^&*] out of the white girl.

Hell, I'm pissed for Destiny. Here she sits, holding this boy's hand as he goes through all this family drama, being his friend, helping him when he can't help himself, and all it takes is Selena Gomez sashaying across the room for his little paralyzed pecker to perk up and make him blind to who *really* knows and care about him. No, Des ain't no supermodel, but geez, when I was in high school, sometimes I was able to put physical appearances aside and realize when a person truly cared about me.

• Members

::: blank stare @ you :::

I'm not discussing Tea, because this isn't about her. It's about Matthew and who he's more likely to be coupled with: Danielle or Destiny. And I couldn't care less about who is "propped," especially since the allegedly propped one is the one I'm predicting who'll get the guy in the end. Again, it all coincides with what I was ultimately saying in the first place, so....

• Members

I wonder if Matthew is there for a love interest or just to introduce her to viewers. I know they may want to have Todd/Tea and Nora feud over their kids, but they might want someone more edgy for Danielle. I wouldn't be surprised if they age that Justin a few years.

• Members

Rose said almost the exact same thing when Dorothy's son was going to marry an older black woman (Rosalind Cash) on The Golden Girls. :P

But getting back... Vee, that was my point, that they'd be tempted to recast more in the direction of a Rihanna than a Countess Vaughn, you know, Destiny goes away for the summer and "blossoms". But I think that FV and RC, if they have a mind for anything, have a mind for how transparent and bad stuff like that looks. So I say keep Destiny physically in the same vein if she must be recast, or lose her.

I have no problem accepting Matt's instant feelings for Dani, it's called being a teenaged boy! Destiny's hand holding doesn't amount to a hill of beans when you've been hit by the thunderbolt. And remember, whatever feelings Matt has for Destiny, they took time to grow, to develop. There's something to be said for that vs. the physical/emotional reaction you have to a girl you are instantly attracted to. I mean, that's life, and it'll suck for Destiny at first, but I totally believe that they are still capable of being friends. But as I said, I'll only be happy if some other dude comes along and Destiny gets a little love connection of her own.

• Members

Don't laugh, but we kind of got into watching Degrassi last year, it came on Sunday mornings and we'd watch it over breakfast. At any rate, there is (or, was, these were all reruns) a teenaged boy (played by the rapper Drake) who's in a wheel chairand they did an episode about his ability to "perform" with his girlfriend, and I have a feeling that Dani is going to be the person to play out all of those types of teen angsty sexualized s/ls with Matthew come summer/next year. I dunno, but suddenly I have this bad feeling about the Evanses, that Greg will be the last one standing and he won't be around much longer than the rest of his family. Shaun and Destiny are by nature supporting players, I'm just really beginning to doubt their future.

• Members
Meh.  If that's true, then I guess that's good for me, eh?  :D  *snicker*

In the meantime, let's just see who Matthew is ultimately paired with.  I say Danielle.  And if it's because she's propped, then hey...it is what it is.  Although I don't remember Becca being propped, but we see who he went to the dance with, while his best friend went with her cousin.

Archived