OLTL: Discussion for the week November 2

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Touche.

But with Tea, Dani & The Brothers Rayburn on the rise The Evans look to be on their way to the back burner if not out entirely.

The Texas group is barely there & they were heavily connected to three front burner characters in Viki, Dorian & Gigi.

That's the thing.

I really doubt Ron will recast & it sends a bad message with Matt picking Dani over Destiny even if they do have chemistry.

With the way OLTL LOVES to prop Tea it won't be long before Langston & Starr go under the bus for Dani too.

• Members

That's just it, the casting of Destiny and making her crush so hard on Matt, and then giving Matt these little sprouting buds of interest, I mean, these were choices not to be taken lightly, you can't really back out of them that easily. Of course this sort of thing happens all the time IRL, but it makes me feel so bad for Destiny and I agree that it sends a bad message. It's a sticky situation and I believe that FV/RC are fully aware of that. I could see this going in a few different directions, they'd be perfectly justified in recasting her based on acting ability, but you know soaps, what are the chances that they wouldn't take this opportunity to trade her in for another model, if you read between my lines. Sure, she could come back and maybe make Matt's head spin and they'd stand a chance romantically, but how sad and unfair for the girls out there who look more like SE. Or they could just phase her out completely which is even worse. I think the only way it'll be satisfying as a viewer is if she gets the chance to be paired romantically with some other teen, and not the route of some heavyset African-American dork with glasses she's got by the balls either, that's just not right.

• Members

It's not like they have to go out and hire Rihanna now. There have got to be some more capable heavyset young black actresses out there to properly present the character as a strong part of a triangle. She's improved, but I don't think Edmonds can handle it. I was warming up to Destiny, finally, but I can't be arsed to care about her when Dani and Matt are instantly sparking all over the place.

• Members

I'm not sure what plans they ever had for Destiny. When she arrived, she was there to cheer up Matthew as a snotty princess stomped on him. Now, a magical princess, the daughter of the Candyland version of Todd and Tea, has shown up, and since I guess that is a happy ending for Matthew, if they get together (even though Todd will probably beat him up and Nora may fly him away to a boarding school in the Bermuda Triangle), Destiny's circle is complete. I'd rather see her move on than see her written as the nasty third party trying to sabotage their budding relationship.

They tend to cycle new characters in and out. I think there's potential for both Destiny and Shaun, with the right role on the canvas, but most of the new characters they bring in don't last. Given that Eli and Ross are both Tea props, they may both be gone in a few months as well.

• Members

If Ron does recast I can't see them going with a similar looking but stronger actress.

The recast will be a Kyla Pratt type & she'll still lose.

Matt's insta attraction to Dani is annoying.

He has huge trust issues with just about everyone in his life outside of Destiny & David.

Now he's willing to drop everything & run around the world with some new girl who he just met?

• Members

Not sure she'd still lose. But a better, more mature actress could put up a more convincing fight and have the audience on her side.

The Dani thing is rushed as you say.

I can't believe I am saying this but I like the Bo and Nora scenes. I thought they were done but WOODSY, of all people, is hitting it home. That big smile he gave her today...

• Members

With the way Tea is propped?

She would lose.

It's only a matter of time before Langston & Starr join Blair in the "Delgado Women Are So Much Better Than The Cramer Women" club.

Yep!

I still want her to blast him for being SUCH an ass to her though. :lol:

• Members

I just don't get why Matthew and Destiny couldn't have/can't still happen, Shenell Edmonds aside. They spent months building the Matthew/Destiny friendship up, and now all of that build-up is tossed over to Danielle, and now Matthew is treating her the way he should be treating Destiny...giving her the looks he should be giving Destiny, etc. I hate it when soaps do that. Just because there was buildup between A and B does not mean that that buildup can be transferred over to B and C.

So what if Destiny is an overweight black girl and Matthew is a skinny white boy. I thought the moral to the story was gonna be that it's what's inside that matters, not the outward appearances. Paging Carla Grey...

• Members

I now doubt that Matthew and Destiny were ever the plan. Look at Rachel and Shaun. They had a nice friendship that appeared to be turning into a romance, then Greg comes along and steals Rachel away. Once Greg showed up, it was obvious that Shaun never had a chance with Rachel. RC likes these kinds of stories. Notice that the rotund character is the odd person out in both cases. It could be a covert discrimination against overweight characters as love interests.

• Members

There's always a lot of interference at OLTL. Even if the story was planned, which I'm not sure of, it may have been changed. Or maybe this was planned.

They were dropping hints about Tea having a child with Todd early this year. Perhaps that was before they decided to gut their own history and make her absurdly old, so the child may not have been in Matthew's age range then, but it could have been a possibility.

Tea got a very positive response from fans, so they will position her daughter to do the same. Everyone else will come second. Whether this means she stays with Matthew, or she finds a man who will be abusive to her and spend all her time trying to be worthy of him (as we get on most ABC soap stories), I don't know.

• Members

Loved all the darkness and suspense surrounding the end of today's episode. I really can't wait for what is to come. I also liked that Jess remembered Cloe died today and that she made the decision to go home and be a good mom to Bree. My only question is where was Natalie? She went out first to find Jared but she wasn't with him when Jess found him. Also loved the Bo and Nora scenes. RSW and HBS are still rocking it. And props to the casting department for always finding such great actors to play the small or secondary parts.

• Members

I think people are rushing to judgment with this storyline with D/M/D. Who's to say that Matthew will fall for Danni, and yet won't be able to forget about Destiny? Who's to say that the story of Matthew and Destiny won't be a long and drawn out one, one filled many ups and downs and interferences? We just don't know. Unless there's a HW change or if Frons decides to meddle in with RC's writing, I still see a Destiny and Matthew pairing potentially happening down the road.

This reminds me of the other times where people have rushed to judgment with RC's stories before they've played out, the most recent story being the Stalker SL.

• Members

5504_1_87028.jpg5494_1_97888.jpg

Destiny...Dani...Dani...Destiny...gee, I wonder who he'll pick?

Come on now, it's pretty obvious that this isn't going to end well for Destiny. They should have never played up the whole "Destiny has a crush on Matthew" thing. They should have kept it purely platonic (if it had to be anything at all.)

Even if Danielle weren't in the picture, I don't believe for 2 seconds that they would have ever 'went there' with the 2 of them.

Archived