OLTL: Discussion for the week November 2

• Members

I'm sure this is the show's plan and I'm sure it will take up a lot of airtime and might get some notice.

This story is built on so many eggshells all I can hear is the crunching, the biggest being that Todd is supposed to be a good father. I do see them as having a lot of conflict between Starr and Dani, but it's going to take a lot for this not to fall as flat as most of the Blair/Tea and Gigi/Stacy conflict has fallen. If you just have women or girls who hate each other because someone thinks it's great story to have women at each other's throats, then it usually won't be worth it.

The one sister rivalry that had potential, Natalie/Jessica, was nipped in the bud.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe I got a little bloodthirsty for a moment there, but I guess what I'm really after is a slice of life sister relationship where the sisters aren't forced into becoming bosom buddies (wasn't this the premise of Love of Life?) yet where they're not hiding stem cells and faking paternity on one another, just the kind of relationship where the phone rings and you tell your mom that her sister's on the phone, and she rolls her eyes. Gee, I guess that's kind of like Viki and Tina. Oh well, I think my issue is that I was so prepared for Starr to grow up into a bad girl instead of a little heroine and I wish she had a lil' more bitchy spice in her life.

• Members

Were.  

And since that faux-tried-to-kiss that you're clinging to for dear life, Matthew hasn't done anything to follow up on it (or even implied that he wants to.)  In the meantime, in the past week while Destiny is proclaiming her love for Matthew to his family, he meanwhile is showing signs of already being smitten with Danielle, who he chose to run off with, instead of going back with Destiny, despite her prettty pleases.  

• Members

He's fifteen and Dani is cute, and he's typically oblivious to Destiny. It makes sense to me.

In any event, I doubt Matthew will be Dani's one and only even if they do get together. They'll play the character with a lot of guys if the show stays on the air for a while. I don't see Destiny just being cruelly discarded, whatever happens. Dena would've done that, but I don't see RC doing it. I think Matthew and Destiny will get some kind of payoff, whether it's brief or extended. This is just adding Dani as an obstacle, and we don't know which outcome will out. I could be into both with the right actress as Destiny, and I'm not going to pre-judge; the last time the board jumped to conclusions like that, everyone expected Brody to be shipped off in a pine box last fall. I doubted that then, and I doubt this now.

• Members

Buddies don't kiss.

Cole isn't frenching Marrko.

Cris isn't asking Fish on a date.

However Matt tried to kiss Destiny which suggests that they aren't totally platonic.

But if Matt does choose Tea's spawn he deserves whatever hell he gets from her & her psycho Mama.

• Members

No. In no way do I believe Clint is going to die. He's obviously got something coming up with Kim.

There's a lot of chickens being counted without any hatching, or even any eggs. I don't exactly see the black canvas being swept away just because one white girl showed up. I'm far, faaaaa-ha-ha-haarrr from Todd and Tea's biggest fan, but I don't have an objection to Danielle other than the ridiculous SORAS.

• Members

I'm not saying Matt shouldn't be attracted to her.

But running around the world with her?

Ron has

& probably Thorsten on their way back.

I can't see him keeping everyone especially with money being & with Shaun out of the coma I can't see the Evans siblings that aren't Greg lasting much longer.

I feel the same way about

but am willing to give Ron the benefit of the doubt

• Members

They've kept Shaun for years now, going back to those dark, dark days with Vincent (who I swear to God had the exact speech patterns of Mase), and even beefed up his role. I'm pretty sure Sean Ringgold is on recurring and OLTL seems to like the large supporting cast, so I don't see why the character would have to disappear just because he lost out on Rachel. I also think that if anything, Destiny's role is going to ramp up with competition like Danielle, at least in the short term, whether or not she loses the triangle in two weeks or two months or two years.

And there's no way they're going to kill yet another of Viki's husbands. I think they'll work around Kerwin if for some reason they have to, or if ABC makes them ("Charlie is out of town on a contracting job"), but write him out? The

RC created? I don't think so.

As for Matt, we will have to agree to disagree. Matt has two things driving his decision: Hormones and desperation. He likes Danielle, and they both have reason to run for it - he is desperate to get his operation. If she can help him get to Seattle, why wouldn't he go for it? His trust issues are only with his parents.

• Members

these kids are so stupid. They really think they can just run away? As if Matthew and his wheelchair wont slow Danielle down. How are do they think they are going to go with no money. Tea will shut Danielle's credit card down with the quickness and if any of them even tried to use one, they'd be caught. Destiny needs to get her annoying azz home

• Members

Indeed.

And Matthew isn't frenching Destiny.

Matthew isn't asking Destiny on a date either.

Matthew didn't "try" to kiss Destiny. While she was having a family crisis, as he consoled her during her vulnerability, their faces came close. That was it. No "tried to kiss" occurred. And since then, he hasn't been shown to even be remotely pressed on it. She has though. She's using the word "love," while he's bonding with Danielle and getting starry-eyed as they plan to run away together. Hmmm.

Yep, if that's his choice, any fallout from it will be what he deserves. However, that still won't negate that he chose Tea's spawn over his buddy, who is returning home alone with unrequitedlove, while he's gearing up to have an adventure with Dani.

Archived