OLTL: Discussion for the week November 2

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Given how many new characters tend to get dumped after a while, he may be better off staying as long as they'll have him. He may be going anyway after his role as a foil for Gigi/Rex is done, unless they need him for someone else, like they did Brody. Going to primetime is a big risk, especially with the number of scripted shows decreasing. If OLTL keeps him I think he could be a real asset to the show.

OLTL has some of the best, and hottest, younger actors on daytime, even if they tend to promote some of the odder choices.

• Members

wow what a random and unexpected return. Didnt see Marcie coming

I dont get what Blair is doing. She's lying and naimpulating Todd and he does not take betrayal well. How does she think he will react when he finds out that she helped keep his child from him? She thinks he will only be mad at Tea but I dont think he's going to be too pleased with her either

• Members

I'm hoping that is the twist in this story. I hope Blair is doing all of this not because she wants Todd but to hurt and manipulate him the way he has manipulated and hurt her in the past. I hope when the truth is out Todd is left all alone and Blair moves on. Then, maybe she will resemble the Blair we used to know.

• Members

?!?!?!?!

She's looking like the Blair I've always known. If Blair "moves on," it'll be to another one night stand or sleazy affair. Sorry to have to break it to you, but Todd is pretty much the only man who'll have her full time.

• Members

I think that Scott should leave the soaps and try prime time while he is young and does not have a family. The few soap actors who make it into prime time or the movies have worked at it for years. It does not happen overnight. He has talent. He can always come back to the soaps later on if they are still on the air.

• Members

That's a good point, although with OLTL, it does seem like a lot of their actors did start getting very solid work only a few years after leaving (Judith Light, Brynn Thayer, Nathan Fillion). I guess some of that is just luck or timing.

• Members

Loved seeing Marcie. I didn't realize how much I missed her until the camera panned up and showed her face. Her presence is so missed on this show. I hope these visits continue because she is far to good an actress and such a good character to be forgotten. The ending on Friday's episode has to be one of the creepiest I've seen on a soap. I don't know how OLTL manages these outdoor scenes so well but they do. Why couldn't GL make it look this good. It really heightened the suspense for me because it was real and not a set.

Archived