OLTL: Discussion for the week November 2

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IA, I dont get what she needs to own bc Tea is portrayed as a bitch and has been since she came back to town. She gives just as good as she gets and they keep showing that she has no problem cutting people with her words or actions to get her way.

I also agree that Tea and Dani do look like motehr and daughter. I think it was their similar hairstyles today that did it

• Members

If she was that strong then they wouldn't have to have Blair there as her foil or have all these characters talk about how great she is and how wonderful relationship with Todd is.

FL plays her as hard, the writing plays her as a martyr.

• Members

Blair is her arch nemesis. They have a history of hating each other going back over 10 years and that all stems from the fact that they've been in love with the same man. In many ways they have a rivalry analogus to Viki and Dorian. Of course she and Tea are going to fight bc they have no reason to like each other. Besides none of this takes away from the fact that Tea is a bitch. She's not portrayed as some good protagonist like Viki to Blair's Dorian. Tea is written as alot harder, darker and willing to strike back

• Members

Who the hell woke up the actor who plays Shaun. That guy rocked today. I loved how he tore into Greg and Rachel. He played more with his posture, facial expressions and that look in his eyes than his dialog ever could. I'm still loving Destiny and David and I'm really liking Dani and Matthew. I know TPTB would love for Blair/Todd/Tea to be there number one triangle but watch out for DMD.

• Members

I think arch nemesis means one wins and one loses. Even when Tea isn't with Todd, she is still the winner, because Todd obviously has no feelings for Blair. Blair is doing all this work for a guy who only tolerates her because she's the mother of some of his children.

I'm sure Blair and Tea could be great rivals with the proper writing but I don't think it's ever been there.

• Members

I live in NYC and believe me there are still a lot of people even here uncomfortable with homosexuals. I volunteer at an local boys and girls club and we had an incident where a group of elementary kids gang up on a boy calling him faggot. I am not naive but I was shock that these young kids even know what faggot really meant and was already hating someone because of their sexuality, I mean they really understood and was taunting him about not touching them and looking at their butts.

For the longest all you heard from teens around her was the phrase "that's gay" for something that was lame or bad. I have spent to many days at highschool and college basketball games to know that being gay is no big deal.

• Members

^ I too can attest to younger people not being as gay friendly as some like to assume and perpetuate. I returned to college in the fall and in my English class there are two boys (approx. 18-19) just out of high school. Every day the make under breath cracks about another one of our classmates being gay. They don't even KNOW for sure that he is but because he comes off as I guess "fashionable" and because his eyebrows look arched to them, they just assume it and constantly make comments about him being a fruit.

• Members

is ever young american accepting and loving of the LGBT community? No. Nobody ever said they were. However, is it unbelievable that teenage boys are non-judgmental about gays? That they dont hate them and are not disgusted with them? Not at all. There are a lot of teenage guys out there who really dont care who is gay and who is not. And not just in big cities like LA and NY. I lived in Montana and 90% of the people didnt care. I live in a city where gay marrage was voted no by over the population. I am very aware that not everyone is accepting and loving and tolerant. However there was 40% that voted to keep gay marriage. 60/40 isnt bad when a few years ago it was 80/20. Times are changing, people are changing, and a lot of that is from younger people.

Dont judge them all based on choice example of gay bashing and name calling. Just like you cant judge them all on the one who dont gay bash and name call.

• Members

I don't judge at all and no it is not unbelievable that some teenage boys are non-judgmental about gays but the reality is that teenage boys are judgmental about most things important to them and their sexuality is one of the biggest qualifiers. Besides you do not have to hate something to be uncomfortable about it.

I really wish we were a more tolerant and accepting society but we are not. for those going on and on about NYC being gay friendly it really isn't, it is not a dirty secret anymore but homosexuals aren't being welcome with open arms either outside of their communities.

Back on topic, I think both Markko and Cole had a live your life attitude which is the middle ground that I think most peopple have on the show and in reality.

• Members

Did Nora just say to Bo, "I couldn't imagine your life without me"? :unsure:

Oh Destiny, it's so tough, I'm usually such an acting snob, but I would really miss her (Lord, I can't even remember the girl's real name) if she were recast. But I'd much rather they do that than get rid of the character altogether. I would love to see she and Matthew as bff Cass and Felicia-style for years to come. I think it would be so cute if little Jack had some crazy crush on her like Little Earl and Dee on What's Happening!! :P Come spring/summer, they should bring on somebody's nephew or something who Destiny can fall head over heels for since it's beyond obvious where Matt and Dani are going.

• Members

The Evans parents were only supporting players, anyway. And Shaun the same. It depends on how they're used in that capacity. As for Des, if the actor can't step it up, she can't compete with Eddie or with the kid playing Dani. I'd rather see someone in the role who can.

I'd also love to see Jamie Vega recast to play off of Jack sometime.

Archived