B&B: October Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wicked! You should be allowed to write the dialogue for the BnB... I'd much rather have the above spoken than pretty much anything else. Why would Jackie want another child? She'd be out of her head to give up the beautiful life she has to start over... even if soap kids SORAS to the point of her only spend the next 5 years raising it?

The writers have made Jackie the new (and slightly sophisticated version) of Sally, so it would stand to reason that she would have a late in life child, too... with her stud... who wants a Forrester woman... <sigh>

• Members

O-KAY then! I guess I'll just post about how I've been enjoying Katie & Bill, the business SLs (and yes, even Jackie M's cheerleaders) this week in my own little corner.

I really have, though. Jackie being emotionally blackmailed to adopt kids is just awful, however. Way to pigeonhole your female audience, Brad. <_< It sort of makes me wish somebody would slap that snot-nosed know-it-all Steffy. What a judgmental little priss.

• Members

Jackie is the new Sally! Remember Sally having a late in life child, younger man who was still pining for a Forrester woman, the younger woman he really wanted? Owen does seem to really love Jackie, and unlike Clarke, he doesn't seem to want the company... but the elements are still there. The thought of Jackie having a child to make Owen happy makes me queasy. Owen knew she was a grandmother when he married her. Her son is older than he is. WTH!?!?! Go away, child, go away. Jackie needs a man!

BTW, how funny that taylor is looking into her steffy mirror and sees BROOKE! This is just like her seeing Brooke all over the place when she first brought Jack home. Her daughters weren't sleaze bags when Brooke was raising them. TAYLOR brought her children home to get them involved in her plot to break up BRidge's happy home and leave the BRidge children fatherless. They had Stephanie on their side. They were full of GLEE knowing what they were going to do... and then Pheebs died... so now Steffy's behavior, which changed once she was coached by mommie dearest, is Brooke's fault?

• Members

I think Owen is so selfish to ask Jackie to have a child. She's what in her 60s? She may be a sexy cougar but she is getting older and she's already lived a life. Who wants to be raising babies at that age? Plus its not fair to the child bc she'll be lucky if she lives another 20 years bc she's reaching the end of her lifespan. He should have thought of this before he married her and I dont like that he's pressuring her. I hate that their entire marriage has been about Jackie living up to his expectations. She's had to change who she is for him. Everything is all about him

• Members

This whole SL is patently ridiculous. Out of nowhere last week, Owen was all "This is something I've wanted my whooooooooole life." Oh, really, Gigolo Boy? He knew getting into this relationship that Jackie was not at an age where she'd be squeezing out little pups. I cannot believe the emotional blackmail he is putting his so-called beloved under. It smacks of a younger guy trying to get the upper hand by constantly reminding his gf how much older she is, how she can no longer have children. If he wants kids so bad, he should just make Steffy his walking incubator. Lord knows the Forresters love marrying off their children at the youngest possible age. Steffy could be a child bride in the grand tradition of Rick and Bridget. If all this paves the way for Whip & Jackie then so be it!

• Members

I think I see a 'slap Owen' line forming! Just to let you know, I'm in charge of selling tickets... early retirement, here I COME! This is what I mean about a 50s vibe to this show. Women, no matter their age aren't fulfilled or even 'real women' to their husbands until they've given an heir to 'his lord and master'. It sounds like Jackie will hold firm on the NO, and if so, I'd love it. To have her even question if she should give the child a child is ridiculous. What's wrong with this guy? I guess it can be realistic conflict between older and younger spouses, but as pointed out, Jackie is supposed to be a woman in her 60s, even if she does look 20 years younger.

• Members

The whole of Daytime seems to have regressed into that 50s mentality over the past decade, it seems. I don't recall soap females in the 80s being so needy and obsessed with bebehs.

I also think the problem is with the HW who cannot write women properly. I think he likes women -- hence all the female actresses on the frontburner -- but I don't think he understands what makes them tick. They are archetypes first and foremost. Stephanie might be an exception, thanks to WJB and La Flannery's flawless performances. Even brave KKL has struggled to ground her character while the vagaries of the plot upend Brooke in all directions.

• Members

It doesn't even matter if he's 30, as opposed to 24. This dude has years that he can spend with Jackie, until they divorce, or she dies, and he'd still be young enough to find a young bride to pump out his offspring. This storyline sucks ass big time and is nothing but plot driven drivel, designed to get Stuffy and Owen bumping and grinding. After reading the latest storyline plans, it is going to get even worse. Someday's I think it is better than Y&R, and others I can't help but feel they both should be cancelled next week.

Thanks NorthCafe for the compliment. I don't know if I should write dialogue, I would be overly censored unless it was for HBO or Showtime.

Cat, what can you expect form the B&B head writer with regards to women. I doubt he has ever lived in the real world and had a chance to meet real women. And forget about the 50's, this reminds me of the Tudor's where women are prized for their son given abilities and wives and children are owned and disowned at the blink of an eye.

And was it intentional that heading up to Halloween, Taylor was dressed as Pumpkin Tart?

Archived