B&B: October Thread

• Members

Alcoholic mess, pushing drugs illegally on her ex, killing beloved supporting characters, making new outrageous romantic choices every six months.

No.

To me, the right nemesis for Brooke is someone who is stable...consistent...makes good choices. That is Brooke's ultimate opposite.

I don't see Taylor as a lead, but as a minor supporting character at the best of times. She (like Brooke and Ridge) is really too old for the romantic triangle at this point. She is NOT a viable "matriarch" in any sense.

Time to go. FAST!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you about the pushing drugs on Ridge. I think some of the other stories, like accidentally killing Darla, then falling in love with Thorne, or her battle with the bottle, could have been better with a stronger core. Instead, Taylor, IIRC, dumped Thorne (was it at the altar?) after she got together with him after Darla's death, which I thought made her look terrible.

I've always seen Brooke/Taylor as one woman being essentially good at heart but making bad choices and being easily seen in the worst light, and the other woman as being essentially selfish, or weak, but making better choices, and being easily seen in a glowing light. I also hoped they would eventually move the women on to other rivalries. Unfortunately when they tried we ended up with mistakes like Brooke/Deacon.

• Members

Let's Make A Deal needs to tank...BADLY...so that it's losing money for CBS and not retaining audience for the affiliates for their syndication blocks.

Then B&B can expand to an hour, and it can accommodate these folks. Though I'd then like to see someone with more skill elevated to HW, under BB's EP status

• Members

B&B will never expand to an hour. Not in this economy. These days it has little to do with international airings and everything to do with studio costs and expansion.

And Brad Bell giving up Head-Writer? LOL. Forget it.

And Let's Make a Deal will do its job: provide low-cost programming for CBS. Even if it underperforms, by the looks of the studio, the way the show is shot, etc. this looks even cheaper than The Price Is Right. Almost a fraction. And the prizes they give away are a joke.

• Members

Also, where would they stick hourlong B&B anyway? In Deal's current timeslot? In some markets, Deal airs after The Early Show. In others it airs in GL's old timeslot.

And would Barbara Bloom really stick her neck out to expand and promote a show that she has no creative control over?

• Members

Yeah, I admit it is a pipedream. But this was in reference to the Fisher-Baldwins coming to B&B. :lol:

Well, the idea is that GL left a 60 minute whole. Expanded B&B could use 30 minutes of it, and some other game show (Joker's Wild? Card Sharks? Name That Tune?) could take the other 30 minutes.

But I know this will never happen.

• Members

Good point. And think of all the amazing 30 minute soaps that used to grace the airwaves, from "The Edge of Night" to "Ryan's Hope" to "Love is a Many Splendid Thing" to "Love of Life." These shows only had half an hour to weave wonderful stories and they did it beautifully, for the most part. In fact, one could argue that the downfall of soaps started when they expanded to one hour. It's way too taxing for the writers to come up with creative stories for five hours of original drama every day, fifty-two weeks a year. You either get uninteresting filler or repetitive plots. The soaps today would benefit by returning to 30 minutes, tightening their cast and storytelling. Maybe they'd even have some rehearsal time!

• Members

IA that all soaps should consider adopting the 30 minute format. Well, technically 19 minutes.

Every time Jacqueline MacInnes shows up on screen, it looks like she's had yet another cosmetic procedure done. Darkened, hair, colored eyebrows, new veneers, inflated lips... this time, it looks like an eye-lift. Maybe it's just the make-up but, really. Wardrobe needs to pick a look for her and go with it. All these Steffys are confusing me. Tomboy Steffy. I-look-just-like-Hunter Steffy. Bratz Steffy. Malibu Steffy. Sailor Steffy. Who is this doll?

Duh, yeah, Brooke, the WillSpen corporation is a cover for Bill Spencer! With brainiacs like that, no wonder FC is haemorraging money.

• Members

Forgot to add: seeing that video of Bill Spencer, Sr (original Bill) makes me really wish B&B had not killed him off.

Still love Bill (Jr) and Katie. DD and HT are bringing it. Also, I never thought Tom was an outright stunning-looking woman but on B&B recently, she has been looking breath-taking.

Archived