B&B: October Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marcus has LONG outlived his usefulness. That is one character that really needs to go and I dont get why B&B is dragging him along. He might be better to take if he were played by a more compelling actor but TB is hardly compelling and barely even tolerable to sit through

I forgot to mention but I see that Rocko is still around. I completely forgot about this guy. Can someone again remind me why they brought him back?

• Members

Jack Wagner was awesome on Friday. I always knew JW had the acting chops- but he has been a supporting player all summer, and often Nick is written as a comical character. So Friday was a nice reminder of what JW can do, given the right material. Sometimes this show doesn't show too much emotion or what a character is really feeling- so the Nick & Bridget scenes were a treat.

In complete contrast, you have Pam acting like a fool with her cat impersonations on Donna's talkshow. Granted Pam adds comic relief to the show, but I thought the scenes were a bit cheesy...

Which ties in with what everyone is saying- B&B has the potential to be really good, but falls short sometimes.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel though. At least the never-ending Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle seems to be over.

• Members

Are you saying B&B has improved since I last watched? Can't remember when that was. Is it worth tuning in again?

That's not true.

I think I hinted at why Rocco was brought back, in a post about Hunter Tylo, but it was kinda cryptic at the time. Rocco was brought back b/c he was gonna be the forth wheel in the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor merry-go-round. He was initially supposed to be Taylor's new love interest, and Ridge was supposed to get jealous (after he moved out of Brooke's and back in with Taylor, as platonic buddies). Obviously, that all changed.

• Members

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Rocco. Really? Really? Brad's throwing Taylor an incidental recurring guy? He's really investing in Taylor!

Still, that's different...and that is worthwhile.

I had assumed Thorne was gonna be back up for another round with Taylor. I guess I was wrong....

• Members

Great observations and very tue. I tend to put the blame and Brad's total un-commitment to any longterm story projection the last couple of years but a side-effect is that due to the heavy story-flip-flopping and Brad's usage of the VETERAN CAST (instead of newbies which you prop and drop in a heartbeat) which makes some striking errors and shifts of focus way more apparent than on a show like GH where characters are assassinated (no pun intened) as regularly but there is a much wider revolving door.

Unbelievable that B&B's clever management and steady international income hinders story development. The show could really profit from a little Ridge/Brooke or Ridge/Taylor hiatus. Two staright months without any of them could allow some serious retooling.

• Members

Wai, wait, wait.

I need to re-write this sentence.

You wanted to say: I tend to put the blame on Brad's total un-commitment to any longterm story projection the last couple of years. The side effect of the un-commitment is that due to heavy story flip-flopping and use of veterans... This is when I get lost and just... What?!

Archived