B&B: October Thread

• Members

So all a woman has to offer is her ovaries!??! Geez.

Why would Jackie even want Owen if she feels she's been put in a situation where she has to offer him the right to 'make babies' with Steffy?

Brooke was offering her ovaries to nick to get him to leave taylor.

taylor wasn't good enough because her ovaries failed.

Bridget is having ovary issues.

Steffy will want to warm up her ovaries for Owen, I'm sure.

Darla landed Thorne and he lost the love of his life because he activated Darla's magical ovaries (something Macy hadn't done).

Sally gave Clarke a baby from her UBER magical ovaries (since she should have been in menopause by the time she became pregnant)....

Sheesh.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know Bridget is a milquetoast character but you'd think that AJ's primetime runs would show them that she might deserve a good story. Or a Prick-free story at least.

As for views of women, this is the show that repeatedly uses rape to bring couples together.

• Members

I look forward to seeing her on Flashforward.

With regard to B&B, I positively cringed today when CEO Katie Logan made her sisters Donna and Brooke Logan VP and Prez respectively. Really? Total contrivance, it's so sad.

And then Donna will moonlight as a talk show host? Apparently with Pammie involved?

I find it all so broad...so unrelatable.

How can such a good cast be so resolutely wasted on such silly awful stories. Every day I hope someone will wake up and realize the goal of this show is to make us feel something. Poor expectant father Kyle Lowder must be trembling with fear about his contract...he hasn't been used in ages.

• Members

The BnB is so incestuous, that even storylines that shouldn't be incestuous actually are.

Dollar Bill is Stephanie's champion, but he owns (somehow) FC? Why wouldn't Bill have him turn it over to Steph?

Does he plan to sink FC, completely destroying it, or make Eric miserable by owning it?

Bill owns the show that Donna will host, but wants Stephanie/Pammy as guest/co-host? Why?

Why would Dollar Bill allow JackieM's (through Pam) and FC at the same time to be promoted on his dime? That just doesn't make sense.

What was the crap about the bank not letting him sell the company to Brooke? Why not? Why would they care about anything other than getting their money back? Ok, it's not QUITE what he spent buying FC, but are we too believe that between Eric, Ridge, Brooke, Rick, etc, etc, etc, there's really not enough money? WTH!?!?! If the bank was willing to let Eric have the year to pay back the loan, how does Bill 'own' the company. It's hard to follow this show. Maybe that was explained while I was FF the show.

Then there's Bill/Donna/Justin (and oh, yeah, katie):

Bill's right hand guy is Donna's ex lover, her son's father.

Katie never talks about the fact that DB tried to get Donna in bed when he first arrived, offered her Eric's company for it... Eric owes 100 million, wasn't that amount 'in play' when Bill was trying to get Donna in bed? Isn't that what DB offered Eric for FC? So is that what FC is WORTH, or is that all DB was willing to pay?

Will Justin ever find out that Bill was treating Donna like a hooker?

Will that cause Justin to turn on Bill and help the Forrester family get the company back? It would help Marcus, too, who thinks of Eric as his father. Justin seems to be in the mode of trying to win Marcus and Donna over.

What was up with Marcus bragging about how wonderful Eric was and then doing the lunch and hand slapping thing with Justin? It sucks that Justin really is being treated like a 'donor' when he actually didn't know about Marcus' birth. Annoying.

It's funny that DB and Justin are madly in love with Katie and Donna, but the four of them end up spending so little time on screen together.

• Members

Of the five soaps I watch, B&B is my second favorite right now. It's not the best or even very good, but I appreciate some of the changes and what they're trying to do. I've been thinking about why this Forrester takeover lacks a punch and I think it's because of a Logan overload. I think they did a brilliant job bringing the Logan's back, as well as broadening the featured cast in general. But it bothers me how favorably the Logan's are always portrayed and how they've taken over the show from the Forresters. Strangely enough, since Donna came into power, she's been the star, not even Brooke. I feel like the show struggles to find interesting stories for Brooke, Ridge and Stephanie (and Thorne/Felicia too, but we know nobody cares lol) which is troubling.

Going back to the takeover, I do love Katie with Bill (her best pairing yet), but they don't work for this story. Who cares if Katie is running Forrester? The Logan's have been running it for years now. And why should Katie care about betraying Eric? They don't have a proper relationship, romantic or otherwise. There is no drama although they're trying to squeeze drama out of this. Now if Felicia were Bill's fiance, you'd have a dynamite story. THAT would give you the dramatic reactions from Eric, Ridge, Thorne and Stephanie. How could Felicia betray her family and go along with Bill's takeover? How would it affect Stephanie and Felicia's tumultuous relationship? I'm truly curious about what she'd do if she were in charge.

Of course I'm dreaming and that would've never happened, but I do think it would've saved this story, and possibly the show.

• Members

I appreciate that the show gone back to classic cliffhangers.

The long pauses, the staring, the music - although the "shockers" are a bit below B&B and often more character-driven and Y&R-style. I'm so glad that the quick cut-endings from last year are gone. Production-wise the show once again looks great. The storytelling is also vastly improved although the actual stories are still blah - there's not one to get incredibly excited about but ok.

Forgot to ention: after last week's Spencer Publications promo viodeo narrated by the deceased Bill Sr./the fantastic Jim Storm I'm more optimistic than ever that MarkH might be correct and Bill Sr. is not dead after all and could return very soon.

• Members

Let's do a little montage. :)

:blink::lol: So it's both brilliant and awful, but at the end of the day it needs saving? :unsure:

Funny how that misfired. For years it's been the Forresters and people wanted someone else to take the central position and now with the Logans... Same story!

Archived