B&B: October Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great idea Mark H, I really like the idea of Bill Spencer SR not being dead but faking his death and sending Dollar Bill to do his bidding. Then he can sweep in and sweep Stuffers off her flats if he wants to spend the rest of his life with that hag. Maybe Stuff should go like Sally and be written off as still alive, but gone forever.

• Members

Why can we so easily accept back-from-the-dead on this show, but rake Y&R writers over the coals for same??

Watching today for the first time in weeks. Owen wants a baby. Sigh. Boring. Why does Stephanie want to hide her stroke from the Jackie M. group?

I'm worried that Hearst is already deeply in the backburner supporting (i.e., Clarke Garrison) role.

ETA: I have such a hard time seeing Taylor in that sensible supporting psychiatrist role. Basically that's the role I want to see her in...but I can't shake my feeling that NOBODY should be listening to this train-wreck of a woman.

• Members

I think it very much depends on the situation. I'm not one to hate on back to the dead stories in any case, but there is a big difference between Bill Spencer faking his death (something that would be very in character) and Phillip III faking his death...in a hospital...because he's gay.

• Members

But we pretty much did see Phillip's body. I'm the type of view that actually likes back from the dead stories because I hate letting characters go. But I also understand when the writers have cheated just a little bit, even if I'm willing to go with it. If Bill turns out to be dead, I won't feel like the writer's cheated, but with Philip III (much like Taylor) I feel like it was a definite rewrite of something that was meant to be a real death at the time and the retcon doesn't quite make sense if you were watching when it originally happened. Some people object to that and I think that's legitimate, especially when it keeps happening.

• Members

B&B has been off the rails since JJ was brought back as Karen and Brooke slept with Deascome. Another back from the dead stretch is nothing. I had higher hopes for Y&R because Bill Bell kept it fairly classy, but B&B has always been the trashy twisted sister.

WTF was Taylor wearing? Is she a part time dominatrix on the side? That would be an interesting storyline actually, Taylor uses her psychiatric skills in a different way. Unfortunately this show is just interested in making Hunter look bad and won't go in an interesting direction.

Archived