Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't disagree with you that the character was a flop. Love Beth but Taylor was no Harley.  I blamed the writers for that. Brots character was also boring to me. I only liked Martinez off the show....the same for Cameron Mathison. They're better celebrities than actors.  I guess we have different taste 

• Members

I've been lurking through these boards for years...looking for updates on whoever. But mainly Ehlers. Never posted anything. Ehlers as always been a favorite of mine but she's not in the public eye. She's a ghost. But I've often wonder if she's oblivious to these boards and gossip sites.  Is she ok with misinformation about her career and love/family life being spread consistently. I can't stand it. Since I'm a Twitter monkey as of late,  i find it easy to post on these boards now. Not shy anymore. I'll keep going 

No we don't know. That's another relentless piece of gossip people keep throwing around.  But Susan Lucci is a Queen that never had to talk or lift a finger.  Always smiling while getting her way.  Queen of Daytime.

Edited by Kimmy

• Members

Hmmm....let me think...WAIT. Oh you're so clever! You're terribly good at baiting...WOW.  Your cleverness almost slipped pass me! I swallowed hook, line, and sinker. 

The professionals know exactly how it works don't they?

I will however ask you to stop spreading misinformation about me. I don't call people scumbags and dirt bags. I just asked my husband and he is personally corroborating this. I hope it's clear enough for you. 

• Members

The most I remember is Chris Schemering's book saying the ratings rose by a million viewers during her tenure. I think she may have been the one who aged Philip and they recast him with Grant Aleksander, but I'm not sure. There are a few March 1983 episodes on Youtube but they seem to be after her departure.

• Members

It's such a pity that GL took an axe to the cast to make way for newbies. 

If only they has kept a better mix. Tghe show had nothing to fall back on as each new writers dropped some of the previous gegimes and introduced new characters

We had remnants of the Bauers, Reardons, Shaynes, Lewis but no strong core.

How many of those older/longer running characters actually wanted to leave?

Justin for example?