• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Don't forget Daytime Emmys are on this Sun. 6/27 sorry it has to be on CBS, but there are 3 GL nominnes up - hope they all win!! Craig Ferguson, his robot and cussing bunny should be hosting!!

GL nominees for this year's Daytime Emmys

Guiding Light: 3 nominations: 3 acting

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS

Crystal Chappell (Olivia Spencer, GL)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Beth Chamberlin (Beth Raines, GL)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR

Zack Conroy (James Spaulding, GL)

• Members

I'd almost forgotten GL was up for a few nominations. Last year :(

Did you know that last year CBS's Youtube channel put up a few very short clips from the last black and white episode and an early color episode? The color one featured Lee Gantry, the man who married Sara McIntire and with his lover planned to kill her, being thrown out a window after a fight with Joe Werner. I couldn't believe it, as I had always wanted to see some of that story. Since that stuff is available, in good condition, I wish P&G would sell it or put it on a channel or SOMETHING.

• Members

Yes! I saw it like a year ago when they put it up. I think they stole it from saynotoursoap's channel, or they asked him for it or something :lol:

I always figured at least something from that era had to exist in its original color (though it looked like a kinescope?). I remember they showed a random opening from that time on the Emmys a few years back in its original (beautiful) color. They even had Lyle Sudrow, who played Bill Bauer on TV in the 50s, come out to remind everyone he was still alive.

I truly believe there's more than what we think is out there. UCLA has stuff, and I'm almost positive it's in great condition (TCM showed a movie from their archives once, and it was crystal clear). They need to just release that stuff on DVD or stream it online or something.