Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Bill Bell had tried to do the same for a few months in 1996, showing a bare-bottomed Jack and Brad on a primetime Y&R (which Peter Bergman was annoyed with -- there was a hilarious interview where he complained about showing his saggy ass while standing next to a Greek god), then Paul's bare bottom after a sex scene with Christine. That didn't go anywhere, unfortunately...I think male nudity is probably the main thing that would get me through Y&R at this point, as long as Victor isn't involved.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually wonder why they didn't fully bring back Maureen from the dead and instead we got left Maureen's ghostly appearances to Michelle and Maureen being Vanessa's guide in Heaven. Given some of the more outlandish plots of the Rauch regime, Maureen being alive and well in 1997 would have been far more plausible than later storylines. Heck they went through the trouble to bring back Robert Gentry as Ed, they could have made it worth their time.

• Members

I have not watched the stupid show that took my GL place 9/21 and I was GL 3rd gen and had watched or recorded GL all my life on CBS to the last day 9/18 and now I avoid CBS 2 PM and guess I will avoid CBS 1 PM in the Fall when a Talk Show with Julie Chen replaces ATWT and check out what is on other channels if I am home or watch a DVD or listen to music or watch the classic shows online.

:blink:

• Members

I was watching some YT clips from 83-84. That was when I watch it religiously and the opening credits were de bomb. I forgot how wonderful Grant Aleksander and Judi Evans were as Beth and Phillip :wub:

Yes and Marty West also did it on GL to, you can see the picks on SoapHunks

• Members

I was watching one of the late 2001 GL episodes for the first time in ages and I was reminded again of how good their younger male lineup was at this time. The problem was their young women. Tony and Ben both had such strong sexual chemistry...but with each other more than with dull Catalina or Marah. The same was true for Sam when he was around. I also liked Romeo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9RVjsQyez4&playnext_from=TL&videos=Cbx3xW0Jv2Y