Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I loved her on Soap and Benson. I wish her GL run was available. Wasn't there something about Roger making a move on her and she said no but she left her white gloves behind? She was also with Ed wasn't she?

It's something that she was on GL for that many years.

She was also the first Tracy on AW right?

• Members

f Light was still on I would still have my characters - however I just wished GL had a EP and writer that would have taken care of it EW and DK helped kill GL then DK went to ATWT and killed that show and now AMC hired him to write and now I am worried what is going to happen to that show - he just might go to show to show till there will be no soaps left - why anyone hires DK I just don't understand.

:unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

BTW - MAMMA MIA! is now officially the 12th longest-running show in Broadway history after surpassing the record previously held by landmark musical Grease (3,388 performances) on Christmas Day, December 25, 2009. The hit musical has also surpassed the record breaking runs of legendary musicals such as Fiddler on the Roof; Hello, Dolly!; Annie; My Fair Lady and the original run of Cabaret.

MAMMA MIA! also had its best eight-performance week on Broadway ever, grossing $1,315,354 Million for the New Year's week ending January 3, 2010.

The previous New Year's record set by MAMMA MIA! for an

eight-performance week was in January 2009 with $1,261,938.

• Members

As crazy as it was and crazy as it may sound looking back I have to admit did thoroughly enjoyed GL in 1998, it was 1999 that was the killer aside from the Jesse/Drew stuff and early San Cristobel. Though I never understood the whole cloning bit, and I never will. Hell they could have gotten the same ratings if a drunk Josh ran into a red-headed Reva doppelganger, instantly fell in love with her image of his "dead" wife as she did with him and then hired her to play Reva. You would have gotten the same great campy scenes and storyline.

• Members

For some reason it seems like longer than a year to me. Perhaps because the GL I most remember was gone a long time ago. Yet other days I feel like it was just last week.

Here's the first part of a 1982 episode. That has some really wonderful camp scenes with Helena/Quint, some warm Bauer moments, and Kelly in a white Speedo!

• Members

I guess this is old news but I was looking in the new Digest and Jerry ver Dorn said that he had the scripts for his return as Ross, he would basically speak as a ghost to Ed and then to Blake. But ABC wouldn't let him appear. He said he lives near where they filmed the weddings in the last episodes so he was out there on a boat watching them.