AMC: The Moving/Not Moving Thread

• Members

Oh my God, I KNEW somebody was gonna say that! :lol: I even started to make an "ETA" saying, "And yes, I know this is only a partial shot," but I was judging by a shot of the new set that I saw in one of these videos someone posted. At least I *think* it was the new set. :P

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of people loved Adam's dual staircase set, the one Erica designed that he had for years, but I thought it was too feminine for Adam (very pink, mauve, princess phone and all). But a lot of men could care less about how their house looks once the wifey takes care of it. The fem set was still better than his original, which looked decidedly middle class save for the oriental statue which my mom swore was foreshadowing that Adam had a twin. :P

• Members

Right I loved when they renovated to this set and the same room had an utterly different layout. I liked that set but I admit by the time it was renovated it looked very 1980s to me. Before then though AMC didn't have too many big sets did they even for the rich characters? I mean for special occasions we got the ballrooms, but otherwise? Nothing of the Cortland Estate's interior sets (we'd often just see that sorta lounge room lol) looked like the huge Alden Mansion set on Loving for instance.

• Members

Thanks Jonathan, that second pic reminds me of the Capwell home on Santa Barbara. I guess they don't mind CS "spoiling" all of these new sets for us fans. :P

Well one thing I didn't like about the "marble" dual staircases in Adam's old set were how short and stumpy they looked, there was no sense of height, grandeur. They also seemed to be in sort of an odd spot in the layout.

I really want to say that the hugest, tallest home set I remember in the '90s/'00s was Brooke's house, which lasted for about five minutes. They finally moved her out of Phoebe's pool house, and they didn't get a lot of mileage out of her new set (though they seemed to do all of Phoebe's scenes there too, so there went the Tyler/Wallingford mansion). Erica's remodeled Linden was a tall set, that Clegg mansion-like staircase, and her new home people called "the brothel" (the one Trey burnt down), wasn't exactly tall, but it had a lot of dimension.

• Members

I like it, or at least how I envision it actually looking on-screen.

Yikes, just read Chrishell's tweets about how they share space with Playboy Radio and their feed is being piped into the AMC dressing rooms. Classy digs they've got there.

• Members

I'm fine with the shape of things, and I like those dark wooden doors, but I don't get the floor. I'm assuming the hardwood is the studio's floor, but is that cold, mossy, faux stone tile supposed to remind us that WW is a castle? I don't like how they took it up to the hearth. It's like gothic southwestern or something, which is... *a look*. Maybe it'll look better on camera, but the green is pretty dingy. And what's with the stairs being over to the right, or am I confused?

I wish everything could look like those sunny, plush sets they had the CA actors in yesterday. Even if it is PA.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Erica.

Archived