Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 20

• Members

I have to get this off my chest and I'm not going to come here for a while, CK did move me today when her character found out she has cancer, and I wanted to cry for her I really did and I believe that she really does love Cane and yes I want them back together, I SAID IT I FINALLY SAID IT

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM with this entire post. EXACTLY what I thought about the show today as well.

Another good post. I am not a CK/Lily lover in the least bit. But I was feelin' her today, y'all. I thought she did a good job with the material. NOW....that last scene had the same effect on me, Alphan. Seeing Neil and Olivia there together and him talking of Dru (finally) and how he can't loose his little girl. OMG :(:( Today was the first time in a long time that I felt ANYTHING for anyone in the Winters family.

EH look FAB today. Loving the longer hair and she was great today. I love that woman!

The Chipmunk stuff was FF material for me. SNOOZER.

Nice break from the Newmans, the Quad and Adam/MJ today.

Finally, I'm feelin' CF as Mac these days. Today she felt so natural in the role and I'm so fuckin glad she lost that "gloom and doom" look she had when she first showed up.

As much as I think DG was doing a good job as the exposed con-man/P3 story, I'm afraid the tide is turning already and soon we'll see the holier-than-thou bitch from down under reappear in the not too distant future. I hope I'm wrong, but .... ugh.

• Members

Tell me about it....

This cancer "storyline" seems like merely an onstacle to reunite this gag-worthy couple...

And how many months now have people been complaining about this Chimpmunk sh!t? I don't care if the costume isn't used, that's a plot that should be swept under the rug and forgotten, not constantly drudged up. They clearly have no idea what to do with Kevin and Jana, who should be written out to pare down the canvas, so they force this nonsense on us.

I'm glad to finally see Chole again, it feels like she's been missing in action for a while. I don't like the name "Chance" it feels so damn cheesy and eye roll worthy. Surely, they could have retconned a middle name for the boy, since that's all they do these days. I don't know if he has any chemistry with Chole yet, they seem OK as purely friends.

It's so hard to like Billy when he'd rather go attempt to screw Mac in a trailer than spend time with his daughter. What was the point of giving Billy a kid right now if it really serves no purpose and they aren't properly exploring the issues he has being a father, when he doesn't want to be one? I also found it pretty hard to beleive Billy would react that emotionally to hearing news that Saint Lily had cancer. I don't even think he showed that kind of emotion when everyone thought Katherine had died.

• Members

Good points, all. Why did the writers put us all through that "Who's the daddy" SL with Chloe if A) Cane knew all along the rug rat wasn't his and B) Billy doesn't seem to care.

I still like Billy mostly because of Billy Miller. The writing for the character is all over the place. He bought Murphy's old trailer just in the hopes of banging Mac there? Wouldn't it have been easier (and cheaper) to get a room in that motel that Jack and Adam used a few months ago? Mac must have a cooter made of gold for him to be jonesin' after it the way he is. :D

• Members

Wow all this cklily love... I actually can't wait to see this now.

They really should've given her a break for a couple of months, though. Perhaps to be efficient, they're putting her in another front-burner story, but still. She never gets a break. It's crazy. I think it would've gone a long way to help with the pacing a bit. I know there are no signs for ovarian cancer but it's not as if this is related to the P3 story at all. A break would've been good.

Or Olivia should've had cancer again.

• Members

Yes, the writing for Billy is a mess, but what character isn't a mess in the writing department anymore?

These actors can only so much when the character they're playing are so hallow, one-dimensional, and poorly defined.

And yes, this Phillip III retcon and not properly exploring Billy's struggles with being a father have rendered that whole who's the daddy/custody crap useless.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

Again, I don't think this cancer storyline is about exploring cancer and how it impacts the life of it's victim, it's just a means to reunite Cane and Lily. And definitely, Lily could use a good couple of months OFF the front-burner to be recharged and rested.

Fans have been crying for a storyline for Lauren for months now. Why couldn't they have given her the cancer storyline? They could play it once or twice a week, with Bregman on recurring. I'm not the biggest Michael/Lauren fan, but they're major characters being completely neglected, and the storyline wouldn't be about reuniting a relationship, it would be about the victim and the victim's family as they struggle with cancer.

• Members

Greg'sGL, you're the bomb. Cooter? ROTF!!

I understand why they used CK and not anyone else.

I don't understand why they gave her cancer the week after she broke up with cane.

I mean, where's the soap? He'll come back and they'll be together. There's nothing soap about that, nothing complicated because both of these characters are boring as hell.

They should've given zapato cancer lol. (And yeah, I know how he'll play out in another s/l)

Why are zapato and jack's dog the same dog?

• Members

I really felt for Lily today and I couldn't be further from a CK/Lily fan if it bit me under my arm. CK really delivered today. This was her best work yet.

I love EH's new hair and I think she is charming with Chance in what little I've seen. Billy however is a douche. I can't believe he ran out on spending time with his daughter just so he could screw his mistress. Some father.

• Members

ITA, today's show was a winner.

The Winter's family came together and played their roles just right---- Lily(daddy's little girl) who is scared out of her mind but insists on being told anyway even though she doesn't want to know-----Aunt Liv the Dr who while trying very hard to be the professional, remembers her "dead" sister and the impact that lost has had on her neice---- Devon the brother who doesn't know what to say and so seems to be speaking nonsence----- Neil the parent who has just been given the kind of news about the health of his only child that no parent in the world wants to hear and by the look on his face and the tears in his eyes is wondering what he'll do if the unthinkable happens. With all this going on the best thing that could happen for this family today was that TYRA WAS MISSING.

• Members

Yes! I posted some similar things in Potpourri just now.

Thank goodness something very right is happening. And for it to happen with the Winters' clan gives me such hope! After many of us were feeling this clan was near-destroyed in all that Ana-Tyra debacle...to see relatable human drama (in a show so missing the boat in other stories right now) is just...affirming!

• Members

While it was nice seeing some emotional storytelling, the damage that's been done to Neil and Devon is still there. Those characters are still not being written and are still ignored. This story is simply about Cane and Lily. The members of the Winters family are mere supporting figures. Until they show me they can handle all the members of this family intelligently, this story is not a success for the whole Winters set on this show.

Again, is this a story about cancer or a story that simply uses cancer to bring Cane and Lily back together? The acting was good today, but we'll see what significance this story and cancer has in the long run.

• Members

What is even more frustrating is that the show is doing a story about Kevin and Chipmunk mania, something that totally seems to be filler, and if anything is a short story arc (I hope so), but they couldn't give Lauren one story, instead they give Kevin/Jana this crap? It seems like the show is trying to overcompensate for the poor way they ended the Kevin SL earlier this year with this ridiculous story about Kevin having a fan base. Whatever Y&R.

Archived