Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 20

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still not use to Dru daughter not having a brain. She wanting love from any guy who bats a eye. I'm sure he cancer will disappear as soon as Cane comes back or she finds another man to depend on. That's her one note storyline ever since she came on as Lily.

CK acts like her nose stuff up all the time. Like she got a cold all year around.

• Members

I'm not hating Y&R right now. Normally I'd be pissed off but I guess I don't have the energy, or I'm stuck on Summer-Lazy mode. I've been watching it and enjoying it passively, same with B&B... lol. I acknowledge your complaints and understand them but I'm not complaining, which I find strange... maybe it's just not worth the hassle of being pissed anymore because things rarely change.

lol im becoming what soap writers want their viewers to be: PASSIVE AND UNQUESTIONING

Oh, and also... it's my birthday :) lol excited

• Members

Oh FFS, Chipmunk Tees and Accessories :blink: Make it go away dammit. I'm tired of poor Lily stories too but CK wasn't so bad today imo. KSJ,TLW,and BMc better be glad for this story cause they wouldn't be on this much otherwise. The whole family hinging on Lily/CK is ridiculous.

• Members

Of course they're hingeing on her. Liv and Devon wouldn't exist without her and Neil would be a gofer$ it's so strange how all three actors, even Bryton to a certain extent, are more equipped to carry story than shallowlil does and yet she's the only one who's integrated.

It's just not fair and I don't understand it.

Tptb have written pretty badly over the past few months but they've had the intelligence to have talented actors at the center of each storyline. CK should not be in the center of any story let alone the four or so since January. She should be like TS, I think, even if she's not making movies.

• Members

I have to give credit where credit's due - Christel's doing all right today. We've seen her phone it in way too often, but I thought she was really working hard today.

Liked the Billy/Phillip scene, and Billy talking about how he ran away to Hong Kong. Nice touch, bringing up how everybody was shoved into boarding school. I still think Phillip's coming across like the world's biggest douche, but at least the scenes are a little calmer today and not just smug snarkiness. Seriously, does Bierdz know how to be sympathetic anymore? Even at his worst twenty years ago, he still got you to feel sorry for him. Now I just want to deck him.

I don't know what to say about Michael and Kevin. Clearly, Michael's response ("Are you kidding me?!") mirrors so many of our responses. I do understand the story impulse here - Kevin tries to make lemonade out of lemons (writers trying to make lemonade out of lemons?) but I'm reserving judgment until I see where it's going and how it plays. I hate hearing "The C Word" but as long as that costume never shows up again on-camera, it doesn't bother me that much. Yet.

LOVE Liz's look today. And I think she lights up with Driscoll. Looking forward to watching more of these two.

More to come. Have to pause for lunch. :)

• Members

SHE WAS. I am one that have hated her performances for so long, but dang it, this girl worked it out today! FINALLY. I don't think it was brilliant, but it definately bordered on the excellent. LOVE LOVE LOVE Hendrickson's new hair, and Ford looked GREAT today. Once they ironed out her "look", Ford is MUCH better to take. It took her a damn long while, but she has FINALLY settled into the role and is really working for me. Billy Miller was so cute today, the party hat horns.. etc. He's such a little party boy. But the scene of the day has to go to KRISTOFF. That final scene of the episode had me blubbering, Neil always seems so calm, or strong, or whatever.... but today's final scene was HEARTBREAKING. That man brought the house down today! I hate to burst some of your cynical bubbles, but the writers were RIGHT to not give Lily Symptoms. Ovarian Cancer typically does not present with symptoms 75 percent of the time until it has spead to other parts of the abdomen. That's why Gilda Radner died of it. Theyr'e being medically accurate, it's one of those cancers, like Patrick Swayze's Pancreatic cancer... that they refer to as "Silent Killers", menaing most times, by the time they present symptoms, it's too late.

• Members

One day, cane's gonna walk into the scene and proclaim himself the antichrist and CK will drop to her knees and beg for more babies.

I really wish someone would explain why she wants children so much. It doesn't even have to be her lol.

• Members

Finishing up the show - I really think everyone in the cancer story today is doing a fine job. Really moving. I even teared up a little, and usually I don't care about Lily.

Thought Jill's scenes with Michael were great - but what inheritance? All Jill has at this point is the house, right? She's lost everything else? Hell, I just liked seeing Michael and Jill in scenes together. I can't remember the last time that happened.

I'm wondering if Kevin's new business venture will end up driving a wedge between him and Jana. I do think the idea of profiting off of other's need for therapy could be an interesting story, but unfortunately, there's such a fan stigma attached to the 'Munk, will anybody be able to see past the squeaky-voiced costume and see how going into the self-help world might prove Kevin/Jana's undoing?

I liked Mac and Billy throwing down over Cane.

Liz Hendrickson is GLOWING today.

I hope this builds to Chance punching the daylights out of Phillip. I know I'll be cheering.

SO GLAD there was that Neil/Olivia scene at the end. Really REALLY touching. *sniff* Kristoff brought me to tears. And the scoring over the last few scenes - Neil/Olivia, then Devon/Lily/Colleen, then Mac/Cane, really lifted up the whole final moments of the show. Good stuff.

Archived