Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 20

• Members

That was the best part of the show. CK acting is still meh to me. All of Jill's sons are [!@#$%^&*]. Can Phillip 3 leave town already?? He really isnt needed anymore. TB's acting today was just awful. Billy and Mac's little tryst/meeting was rolleyes.gif . The Michael and Kevin chipmunk chat was just absurd. How much more of this ridiculous chipmunk crap do we have to endure??

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CK and the whole cancer thing is succeeding in part because of the writing and acting, but partly because it is HUMAN drama. It is not over the top. There are no uber-villains (except, maybe, the cancer cells).

Yes, I very much liked Billy's message to his brother. At the same time, I guess I have to put the blame for this P3 fiasco more on Bierdz's shoulders? Such coldness. When Driscoll's Chance is now also cold as ice, all I can think is "oh, he inherited the coldness, eh?".

P3 IS BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! There should be love and tears all around.

Honestly, Brimike, your generous expression of motives notwithstanding...the Chipmunk sh!t was the start (for me) of the downward slide. I'm glad both Jana and Michael are playing the distaste of this tale, but can't we just make all mentions of this bloody rodent disappear???

Yes. I wish Jill and Kay could get to the same place.

I didn't like Jill's scenes with Michael. Again, there is no heart. Jill didn't show much emotion. It was all business. I would have liked to have seen some subtext of "Okay, I have to consider P3...but that smarmy bastard is not worth my money. Cane...I love him!" I wanted to see that in her eyes--she is capable--but I didn't.

Please, please, please make the Munk stop. Can't they rewrite? Throw out scenes already taped? I really need it to stop!!!

So far, I find Chance as cold as his daddy. No one to root for yet. But daddy is just ... emotionally broken. It feels like Mr Spock, without the brains.

• Members

Wow, I never thought I'd see Mark call someone out about being too "generous" about certain things on this show. Mark is usually the target of such posts by Sylph and I. :lol:

The rodent should disappears, and since they can't think of anything creative and you know, good for these characters, Kevin and Jana should be written out. I like the actors, but I feel the time for these characters has come and gone, likewise with Jeffrey and Gloria.

• Members

I agree, given what they have all been given to play for a long time....

The show needs focus, and I'm fine with this being how it is done.

Lauren was mentioned on B&B last week, and it reminded me how much I missed fiesty Lauren.

I'm starting to wonder if somehow they need to separate Michael and Lauren in a dramatic way -- like, send him on the run for some crime he has committed -- so she can be alone and angry again.

• Members

Liv's eyes before she told Neil and Devon the bad news. :wub:

"Embrace your inner nut" <_<

"Rodent-inspired tshirts" :lol:

Driscoll's eyes when he looked into Chloe's eyes for the first time. :wub:

"I have Cancer?" :) That was well done. She needs to speak in that octave from now on lol. I assumed she'd get whinier as the news got worse and worse.

• Members

Driscoll has got to be the tallest castmember on y&r, ever right? I love how affectionate he is with Cast; I know if I was playing the mom for a tall glass of water like that, I'd be all over him too.

Ford needs a new weave lol.

"Another time." :lol: Talk about unintentionally funny.

Eww are Billy and Mac gonna have sex in the same bed his grandmaw did lol?

Why would Billy know where Cane is, Colleen?? Dimwit lol.

"Your son faked his own death to get away from you." :lol::lol: Another gem!!

Kevin's hair :lol:

"Donate your profit to charity" Jana must want to stay in the poorhouse lol.

I know Jill's got a soft spot for her sons but she needs to slap P3 off the top of his head already.

"No, it's not really my business." Love this Chance dude. Hate the name. Ick.

"Maybe because I saw a part of Dru in our little girl." Is Dru from the Valley too then?? What a retcon that'd be. I guess Dru can't be an independent careerwoman either.

Why is Devon still preventing Cane from seeing Lily? She's about to die, yo.

Oh man, Neil needs children. There are no more winters in genoa city after Lily.

Oooh Deacon's back tomorrow!! Fun.

• Members

I heart TC. She makes the Phillip storyline for me. As the P3 stuff plays out, he's more and more working as a jerk.

Best damn thing about the day. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and she come waltzing in, and was more than pleasantly surprised. I went back and actually watched again so I could enjoy. And they were good scenes for all the Winters. I had read some of the comments here about CK today so I had an idea, but she did impress me.

I'm glad despite the running around of Mac and Billy, Mac hasn't lost her backbone in this and stood up to Billy and went and found Cane. I like the Mac addition to this story--character wise, IMO, it would be Mac going to try and do the right thing.

TS, shockingly, was a total let down today. Between not being able to understand half of her from the accent and mumbling, she has fast become the biggest waste of this story too. Her reactions were not what I would have wanted Colleen to do, but then again, she's not really been Colleen in a long time.

• Members

Kevin is getting beyond annoying. I say he goes nuts, blacks out, stabs Jana then has to learn it later after he is arrested and everyone has to kind of fill in the blanks as she clings to life...

*runs off to write my fic ;)*

Archived