Michael Jackson's Memorial

Soapsuds

• Members

They are getting preempted PJ. None of the CBS shows will be shown. I agree with you about MJ. But as Errol said he is bringing in big numbers to CNN and other broadcast channels.

I agree Zendall Fan. I guess I am more pissed because she is a texas girl. I found it interesting that the stores not only had MJ CDs but Farrah's DVD on Charlie's Angles available. Most stores didnt even carry CA before Farrah's death.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I guess it'll be Tvland/FoodNetwork/TCM for me on Tuesday. Anything not to feed the coverage whores associated with marketing this "news". I can't wait for the endless commercials hawking this "once in a lifetime tribute" for $29.95.

• Members

The news whores drive me NUTS. I have a story for you. In Kansas City, Joe Montana spent the last few years of his career with the Chiefs, and when that SOB announced his RETIREMENT, our local CBS affiliate interrupts Y&R with a news bulletin to announce this, at 11:45 AM!!! 15 MINUTES before the 12:00 newscast! If it was any old eppy of Y&R it would be one thing, but the VERY MOMENT they chose to interrupt the broadcast was when Crazy Veronica had Nikki in the stables, and was holding a gun on her. I thought my head would explode!

• Members

I don't think she's been ignored. I think people have talked about her life and her work, whereas with Michael Jackson, it's all tabloid all the time. In some way the timing helped shield some of the tabloid focus away from her passing and memorial service (like when Ryan O'Neal's oldest son showed up at the funeral and was barred from entering), which I'm glad for.

• Members

Errr Farah Fawcett is in no way near the status of Michael Jackson. That's insane.

Michael Jackson deserves this. This is pretty huge people, the man is known worldwide. 30,000 people don't gather at Dundas Square (in Toronto, Canada) to celebrate the life of just any star. The man had his troubles, but his music brought so many different people together, and that alone is his greatest accomplishment.

Archived