Michael Jackson's Memorial

Soapsuds

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

The memorial service is different from the funeral, from my understanding.

The memorial service is for fans to remember Michael on Tuesday. I thought I heard the funeral was going to be Monday?

• Members

That's weird cause I saw Friday's eppy of Y&R on SoapNet then they showed an older eppy of Y&R following it and not AMC...LOL

Btw..where was the live coverage of Farrah Fawcett's service? I know Michael was the King of Pop but not covering Farrah's service was kind of lame. She was just as big of a star.

• Webmaster

Interesting. Seems SOAPnet didn't find it financially beneficial to air a repeat of All My Children like ABC did. Very interesting.

The Young and the Restless aired an original episode.

As for Fawcett, the network's find Michael as a bigger news story, unfortunately. Michael, even with the good and the bad, drove television ratings through the roof whenever something was mentioned about him. Now that he is dead, they want to get the last dollar out of him before it becomes yesterday's news.

• Members

Ugh...not being a Jackson fan, I'm more than a little bewildered by all the hoopla. The man was an entertainer, and this coverage is more in line with heads of state, not a man who was more than a little controversial in his later years.

I would just rather have my CBS shows completely preempted, than get stuck with ten minutes on-air, and the option to watch it online.

Archived