John-Paul Lavoisier (OLTL)

Tuc Watkins (OLTL)

Michael Graziadei (Y&R)

Ted Shackelford (Y&R)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tamara is the only nominee that's on the actress side that I wouldn't laugh at.

Vincent or Branson are decent enough choices. Any one else is a joke. Young is way past hit prime. Hansis is all hype. Bradford simply isn't cut out to be a dramatic actor.

• Members

Jeff Branson joined the show on December 1st, 2008. Did he really have the awesome of material in 14 airings to be a legit choice? I am just curious if people aren't confusing more recent stuff with some of these nominations, since there is such a long time between the end of eligibity and the noms.

• Members

(ALICIA INTERVIEW W/SOD ABOUT NOD)

A lot of people were surprised to see Alicia Minshew's (Kendall, AMC) name in Supporting Actress, not Lead, for the Emmys. The actress explained to Digest how she chose her category. "I was going to put myself in Lead just because it's to the point where I've been on the show seven years and I feel like I'm definitely one of the leading actresses," she says. "I put myself in Lead two years ago and this year, I thought, 'You know, this year I shared so many storylines with people, whereas in the past, I carried storylines.' This year, there were so many other people, like Bobbie Eakes [Krystal] and Debbi Morgan [Angie], and even Rebecca [budig, ex-Greenlee] and Melissa [Claire Egan, Annie], that I felt like we were all sort of leading actresses together, all carrying storylines together. Plus, I was in a coma for a few months. So I thought, 'You know, I'm not sure this year that my work is enough to be in Lead.' The producers sort of left it up to me. I know a lot of people think, 'Well, why is Thorsten [Kaye, Zach] in Lead and you're not?' To me, I just wasn't sure that I would have enough strong material to go against the Lead actresses. I had taken a few months off to be in this coma and I didn't feel like I was leading every story, which I have felt like in the past. Sometimes, the supporting actresses work just as much as lead and are leads. I think it was just a matter, for me, of feeling like there were plenty of other people who deserved to be in Lead and I wasn't sure if I had the proper amount of material. Debbi Morgan got a nomination for lead and I think that she should have. It may change next year. I felt very comfortable with my decision to be in Supporting, and obviously, I'm glad I made that choice! It was the right choice."

• Members

Translation: I knew I'd lose so I am hiding out in this fake category I don't belong in.

What a punk move. She is on every freaking episode for seven hellacious years, and she wants people to think she is a supporting actress. Well, just who is she supporting? Even Stuart Chandler's murder mystery is being eaten alive by this horror show of a character and charismatically challenged actress.

• Members

Agreed. She appeared in 80.24% of the episodes on AMC last year. Yes, it was down from the year before but I think she has always submitted supporting and she doesn't belong there. She is a Lead Actress with a lead storyline. I hate those who sit and try to say she may be on that much she is "supporting" which is total bull.

Archived