Blake Berris (DAYS)

Debbi Morgan (AMC)

Maura West (ATWT)

Susan Haskell (OLTL)

Jeanne Cooper (Y&R)

Peter Reckell (DAYS)

I pray to God Kirsten Storms, Julie Berman, Brad Anderson don't win. LOL

• Members

I really hope Kirsten and Bradford win! LOL.

I really like the noms this year. i really dont think anyone whom got a nom was undeserving. maybe a few people who deserved it over some others, but for the msot part this is a great fair and balanced list.

• Members

I'll take Blake Berris for the win, Peter. (I feel so old making that reference)

Blake Berris took a story that was all about writing his character off the show and single handedly made the story a real winner and kept his character sympathetic even has he was doing crazy things.

• Members

I don't know she has tough competition with Haskell and Cooper. I think it is a 3 way very tight race between those 3.

I'm praying for wins for Kristen and Blake the most of all of them. I think they gave some of the best performances and deserve to win so much.

• Members

Supposedly, according to Nelson on another board, Y&R submitted one of the Paris episodes for its Best Drama Series reel. So I guess that can kind of explain the exclusion of Y&R in that category.

• Members

I am the only one who thinks that Berman has this bagged for YA? Her work with Francis alone should do the trick.

The sky must be falling because Minshew finally got a nomination. Don't know how in the world that happened.

The Supporting categories are awfully weak this year. The spastic Egan, the extremely limited Minshew, the yawn inducing Pinson and the cringe inducing Willamson? The only nom there that doesn't make me gag is Tamara. Hope she wins all the others are extremely underqualified. That would be the first win for Days since the late 80's would it not. Guest star or not.

Actor also looks rather weak. I mean seriously in what world would Young, Hansis or Anderson qualify? Anderson works well in comedy but he is not a dramatic actor what so ever. Young is a joke an has been since early 07', a joke that has long since past his prime as a respectable performer. Hansis is all industry hype with little effective bite. Irizarry is the most deserving even though his return has been handled poorly but I wouldn't be upset to see Branson win it either. Those two are strong effective actors who do right by the nomination. I will jump out a window if Hansis or Young win it. Anderson best be happy with just being nominated. Irizarry or Branson for the win.

• Members

I would love to see Bradford Anderson win if only to put to rest this myth that drama > comedy. I think just about all actors will tell you comedy is much harder. BA everyday creates a character role that is highly stylized and unrealistic. That's a lot harder to do then showing up and talking like yourself, yelling like yourself, standing like yourself, and making faces like yourself.

• Members

I don't think anyone is saying that Drama is harder to create. It's just that Drama is more appreciated in the Daytime community. Comedy is secondary and always has been with the emmy voters. Which is why Bradford doesn't have a chance.

• Members

There were a lot of people who got first time noms this time around. Minshew was the other puzzler. But seriously I can't imagine a situation in which Bradford would win. He really is the lowest on the totem poll in terms of acclaim, hype and previous emmy favortism. If by some chance Vincent and Jeff are sidelined I could easily see this going to Hansis who has gotten major praise for playing a high profile gay character or Jacob who has won previously.

Archived