Emmy Nominations

jcar03

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shut your mouth!

Just because the entire show revolved around her for 90% of last year and just because even in a coma she was on more than a lot of others and just ebcause she was screen almost every damn day and drove story and was the star of the show doesnt mean she is lead! I mean, come on, she had OTHER people in her storylines! You know that makes her supporting. Even tho her on-screen partner is lead.... ;)

• Members

I am glad that AMC got a lot of nods. I think that AMC will come away with at least one Emmy for acting this year. But the questions remains who will get it? And who has the best chance from AMC of getting an Emmy.

Looking over the categories, I would say that the people on AMC that have the best chance of winning, are VI/Jacob Young, MCE and Debbie Morgan. I don’t think that TK and AM are going to win.

TK is in a category with Tony Geary and Christian LeBlanc, two actors that the Emmy’s like to take turns giving the Emmy to, regardless of how good their acting may or may not be during all the times they have gotten nominated/won. Or regardless if there are other actors who might have deserved the Emmy over them during some of the years they won.

I think that one of them will win this year. I think that it will be Christian. Because last year in 2008, Tony won, and in 2007 Christian won, and then in 2006 Anthony won, and in 2005 Christian won, and in 2004 Tony won. So going by this pattern of them passing the Emmy win for Lead Actor back and forth this year it’s Christian’s turn again. I don’t see TK winning this year.

I don’t think that AM will win this year, and I don’t think that she should. I don’t like Kendall or Annie, but IMO, MCE is a better actress than AM is, and should win the Emmy over AM. I don’t know if MCE will, but I think that she has a better chance of winning it than AM does.

I think that Debbie Morgan is definitely deserving of an Emmy win this year, but it might go to Haskell, who has done good work on OLTL. I hope there is no repeat win for Jeanne Cooper this year. I like her but she doesn’t deserve to win this year.

I think that AMC’s best shot of getting an acting Emmy is in the Best Supporting Actor category. I would be happy if Jacob or Vincent took home the Emmy in that category. I would be really happy if it was Vincent, who won, and I think they both have a decent shot of winning. I also would be happy if Jeff Branson took home the Emmy in that category.

• Members

THE FULL LIST

OUSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

All My Children

Days of Our Lives

The Bold and the Beautiful

OUSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS

Debbi Morgan - All My Children

Maura West - As the World Turns

Susan Flannery - The Bold and the Beautiful

Susan Haskell - One Life to Live

Jeanne Cooper - The Young and the Restless

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR

Thorsten Kaye - All My Children

Peter Reckell - Days of Our Lives

Anthony Geary - General Hospital

Daniel Cosgrove - Guiding Light

Christian LeBlanc - The Young and the Restless

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Melissa Clare Egan - All My Children

Alicia Mishew - All My Children

Julie Pinson - As the World Turns

Tamara Braun - Days of Our Lives

Bree Williamson - One Life to Live

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR

Vincent Irrizary - All My Children

Jacob Young - All My Children

Van Hansis - As the World Turns

Bradford Anderson - General Hospital

Jeff Branson - Guiding Light

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS

Meredith Hagner - As the World Turns

Rachel Melvin - Days of Our Lives

Kirsten Storms - General Hospital

Julie Berman - General Hospital

Emily O'Brien - The Young and the Restless

OUSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR

Cornelius Smith Jr. - All My Children

Darin Brookes - Days of Our Lives

Blake Berris - Days of Our Lives

EJ Bonilla - Guiding Light

Bryton McClure - The Young and the Restless

OUTSTANDING WRITING TEAM

All My Children

General Hospital

One Life to Live

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING TEAM

All My Children

Days of Our Lives

One Life to Live

OUSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN ART DIRECTION

All My Children

Days of Our Lives

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT FOR A CASTING DIRECTOR

As the World Turns

Days of Our Lives

General Hospital

OUSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COSTUME DESIGN

All My Children

One Life to Live

The Young and the Restless

• Members

She's a LEAD actress who gets supporting actress material.

Heck even one of the editors at SOD said that someone can be on ALOT it doesn't mean they get lead material, they can be on alot and get supporting material.

It's like last year Terri Columbino submitted under Lead when she was clearly a supporting actress most of the year

I hope TK submitted the episode of Myrtle's memorial.

• Members

I'm happy for Cornelius. IMO, he is a good actor. I would like to see him win the Emmy for Best Younger Actor.

I am happy for Kristen as well, and I think that she would win in the younger actress category.

• Members

Im sorry, but no, she is a SUPPORTING actress who gets LEAD things but cant pull it off.

Obviously people can be on a lot and not be lead. The actress who plays Diane on GH is a great example of that, but Lisa? What? Shes not only on all the time, she drives story and plot and is the most used character. She is a star in main storylines. She is the defination of a lead character.

I praise Terri for putting herself in lead. She had lead storyline and drived story and was on a lot. She didnt stand a chance on getting a nom, but she put herlsef in the correct slot instead of taking a coward way out.

That said, ZenFan, i am EXTRAMLY happy for you that two of your faves got the nom. I honestly do mean that.

I agree, however she (like Julie) often picks the wrong stuff to send in.

Rachel melvin has a lot to pick from.

Archived