Emmy Nominations

jcar03

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://soapoperadigest.com/awards/reactions_emmys_2009/

The Emmy reactions are still rolling in!

Alicia Minshew (Kendall, AMC)

— SOAPnet

A lot of people were surprised to see Alicia Minshew's (Kendall, AMC) name in Supporting Actress, not Lead, for the Emmys. The actress explained to Digest how she chose her category. "I was going to put myself in Lead just because it's to the point where I've been on the show seven years and I feel like I'm definitely one of the leading actresses," she says. "I put myself in Lead two years ago and this year, I thought, 'You know, this year I shared so many storylines with people, whereas in the past, I carried storylines.' This year, there were so many other people, like Bobbie Eakes [Krystal] and Debbi Morgan [Angie], and even Rebecca [budig, ex-Greenlee] and Melissa [Claire Egan, Annie], that I felt like we were all sort of leading actresses together, all carrying storylines together. Plus, I was in a coma for a few months. So I thought, 'You know, I'm not sure this year that my work is enough to be in Lead.' The producers sort of left it up to me. I know a lot of people think, 'Well, why is Thorsten [Kaye, Zach] in Lead and you're not?' To me, I just wasn't sure that I would have enough strong material to go against the Lead actresses. I had taken a few months off to be in this coma and I didn't feel like I was leading every story, which I have felt like in the past. Sometimes, the supporting actresses work just as much as lead and are leads. I think it was just a matter, for me, of feeling like there were plenty of other people who deserved to be in Lead and I wasn't sure if I had the proper amount of material. Debbi Morgan got a nomination for lead and I think that she should have. It may change next year. I felt very comfortable with my decision to be in Supporting, and obviously, I'm glad I made that choice! It was the right choice."

• 3 months later...

Archived