Emmy Nominations

jcar03

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that AM submits herself in the supporting category because she knows that she won't win against the type of actresses that usually get nominated in the lead category. I think that AM gets more than enough material to be considered a lead actress and that she gets a lot of meaty material, but I wouldn't be surprised if she never submits herself in the Lead Actress Category.

I think that the competition in that category is too fierce and a lot of the actresses that get nominated in that category are better actresses than she is. Even in the Supporting Actress Category, I think that MCE has gotten her beat, because even though I do not like Annie at all or really like the way she has been written this past year, MCE has done a pretty good job with the material that she has been given. I do think that she is a better actress than AM is and should win over AM.

• Members

It's nice to see All My Children and Days. The shows were definitely on life support 2 years ago but had a resurgence. Yes, I know some don't like the direction either show has taken. But people are talking about them.

• Members

They don't, but let's hope the crappy CGI tornado and the shake the boat plane on DAYS don't win.

And on WHAT UNIVERSE can AMC and DAYS be nominated for Scenic Design?! For that sh!##y cubicle of a hospital on DAYS? Really?! And for those terrible cardboard "City" recycles on AMC?!

I'm not saying B&B has the best set design ever, but it's a crime other soaps got shut out because of those two. That's crap.

Paul Rauch and the art team did amazing stuff with the new bar, the Paris sets, and other stuff.

• Members

And also, let me add, thank you God Emmy voters didn't place bids for GL. That show is visual and technical disaster and should not be awarded any sort of technical attention.

You can say what you want about these odd noms, but at least the Emmys didn't go batsh!# crazy this year.

• Members

The View was nommed for Host. Their dynamic really makes the show anyway.

And BTW, I am sad "Deal or no Deal" wasn't nominated for Game Show, but I am glad the voters recognized Howie Mandel as host. His great, fun energy really keeps the show moving, but interesting in its half hour syndie package. I'd be happy with either him or Meredith.

• Members

it depends on what was looked at... i find Victors mansion and the DiMansion to be fantastic. The Brady Pub & Pier very realistic. Marlenas apartemnt was also good. The apartments all look real to me too. Ava's room was a nice set. Bo & Hopes house, Maggies house, and the cabin are all also nicely decorated

• Members

The DiMansion looks like crap! It's horribly lit and those colors look awful.

And so does that set Max and Chelsea were talking in that used to be Austin's apartment back in the day. The one across the way from Carrie's.

And the Brady Pub has always looked the same. Nothing different about it.

But whatever. If there's anything I can agree about in terms of a team getting screwed, it's Y&R for scenic design.

Archived