AMC: Its official! Dixie lives!

Adam

• Members

Here is the full SOW write-up on Dixie's return.

COVER: It’s a full AMC Cover: ALL MY CHILDREN EXCLUSIVE, The Real Dixie Returns!

“There’s been a lot of discussion about how to bring Dixie back…I’ve had a lot of conversations with a lot of people, because why wouldn’t she come back before now?” (McClain) “This will be explained,” promises Carruthers (EP), “She’s in a beautiful European chalet. It’s the [Friday] tag of the week. Di says, ‘Merry Christmas, Dixie,’ and you will see Cady. The following Monday, there are conversation throughout the episode between Di and Dixie. Di asks the questions the audience wants to know.” (JHC) But don’t expect answers right away. “It’s going to be very poignant and very beautiful…The fans are not going to be let down, because I know when people invest in a show and that happens, it really sucks.” (McClain) Dixie’s return is still being written at press-time, so much so that they had initially put an actress to play the back of Dixie’s head, they then taped Cady (when she finally sealed the deal) and will plug it into the episodes. “Obviously, she didn’t die. There were a lot of consequences to that event. All I can say is that I think it’s a very well-planned story. It deals with the character’s history in a responsible and exciting way, in terms of her moving forward because of what she experienced. It’s an interesting evolution.” (McClain)

WHEN KELLI MET CADY: She was taping hospital-sick-Di scenes and looked awful, Kelli that is. So she was asking Michael about Cady, and then Cady emerged to on the taping floor with the producers and Kelli was like, “Oh, my God…first time I’ve ever met her…” Kelli tells her she was fake-Dixie, looking all awful and stuff, and Cady comments, “Oh, wow,” Ha, Kelli says it was awful, lol. “I’m so excited…I know the fans are going to be so excited about it because they love her so much, too.”

http://p206.ezboard.com/fbabeandbiancafanf...picID=411.topic

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can tell you right now she isn't right about Erica and Jack. AMC has given every indication that they are going to be a longterm core couple and family on this show and that's the way the majority of fans want it. As for David, he is getting a NEW LOVE INTEREST for 2006 as per MMT in print. There hasn't been any talk of reuniting D/E AT ALL since they broke up years ago.

As for Dixie, she will always end up with Tad IMO (They are soulmates as J/E are) but I (and I think the majority of T/D fans) am fully prepared for David to be involved with her. There has been a reason that MMT has written Dixie as the Love of David's life, per his own admission and it wouldn't make sense if David wasn't somehow involved between Tad/Dixie and Di. I'm hoping his new love is Di but there has also been speculation and rumor that it also could be Julia. Either way he is going to have a new love interest and it won't be Erica who was only a brief interlude in her life many years ago.

You are right on target Darcy :) Erica IS married to the love of her life and that's the way it should stay for a very, very long time IMO ;)

• Members

I already knew this, but it was still ridiculous.

You can keep believing j/e will be long-term all you want, what couple in daytime is(only a hand full of couples but not without problems)? This is a soap, couples always eventually break-up. Erica kane has been married 10 times for godsakes, this marriage isn't gonna last long.lol An for the record I would rather erica be alone than with jack. I would prefer her with david, but anyone thats interesting and has actual chemistry with erica will do.

• Members

Erica's marriage to Jack is sort of her coming full cirlce. Ever since they met they have shared an incredible connection and after many tries at a wedding they finally made it through. I don't mind Jack and Erica but wouldn't care if they split up. But I don't forsee it happening anytime soon... like someone else said, the majority of the fans have wanted Jack and Erica for a long while. That doesn't mean Kanewomen, lol you have to jump on the bandwagon which I know you will never do but this David/Erica fantasy I don't thinkwill come true anytime soon.... I enjoyed them together but I don't thinjk of David as a long term relationship prospect for Erica.... if she wan't married to Jack I'd love to see another Adam/Erica redux :lol:

• Members

I have never thought erica/david would be long-term.lol I would like to see adam with erica, I missed the first two times. An I know erica/david aren't happening any time soon, hopefully maybe down the long road.lol An it doesn't have to be david with erica, as long as there interesting for example adam.

• Members

Sorry, I need to be more clear. I mean david did kidnap miranda, so they definantly aren't gonna be together any time soon. An even so I definantly don't see erica/david married. An yes I do hate jack, anyone is better than him. I would rather chris be with erica, and I used to despise him more than jack, but at least he was interesting to a point/not boring.

Archived