AMC: Its official! Dixie lives!

Adam

• Members

I really wouldn't care if tad and Dixie get bacck together I am looking forward to her interracting with alot of people, most notably Jacob Young (JR) and of course Kelli Giddish (Di). I don't see how this cannot be good news from where I stand. Cady rocks! She left AMC for a change of pace which I don't fault her for sure I was upset at the time but Cady is an awesome actress.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course Cady knows and she loves MEK and yes, Tad and Dixie. Based on interviews and conversations, I don't agree with most of Kanewoman2005's rumors. Cady hardly left AMC in the dust - she told them and even announced several MONTHS in advance that she would be leaving when her contract was over. She never "demanded" story with David; Dixie and David were planned before he even got involved with Erica but storylines changed and it was delayed until later. Also, I would think Erica's happy marriage to the love of her life, Jackson, would be a much bigger barrier to the possibility of Erica and David reuniting than anything else.

• Members

You can believe what you want, erica and jackass won't last, they are too boring together. I'm hoping josh comes between erica/jackass. Even agnes nixon wanted erica with david, and was shocked when they broke them up. I refused to believe amc would break up a very popular couple for no reason, I do believe that cady was behind that in trying to get the storyline she was promised(we agree on that it was promised to her). But she pissed off alot of D/E fans because of that, she shouldn't of messed with something that wasn't broken.

Do you really think an actor or actress is gonna act how they normally act around fans??? Seems like you are nieve in believing everything that comes out of famous peoples mouths. I mean majority of cady fans are mostly tad/dixie fans what else would she say, she's no dummy. I'm not saying that she doesn't like MEK, but wanting a differents storyline is different.

• Members

Do you really think an actor, allegedly acting differently around a fan, could coerce the rest of the cast to act like they like her? LOL I doubt it!

The story was conceived of by MMT when Cady first returned. David was supposed to be the bump in the road to T&D, not the end of them. However, VI whined that his poor character wasn't established enough to get between them without being destroyed since fans were "crying" for T&D, as he said. So, they used Braden as the minor roadblock instead. Cady was only staying for a year at that point anyway, but extended because she was enjoying herself.

I'm sure there are plenty of people Cady would like to work with, including VI. I'm not saying she doesn't. But I also do not believe that any actor can dictate storyline. Do you really think ABC gave Cady her preference over Lucci? COME ON! It's not up to the actors who they're paired with anyway.

• Members

Actors and actresses sure they have imput into storylines and pairing indeas but I highly doubt they dictate it lol. Come on.... if Cady was that much of a !@#$%^&*] (which I do not for a second believe to be true) then I imagine ABC just would have said forget it...

• Members

As long as she stays away from david I'm cool with her return, and cady is nieve to the fact that david/dixie weren't popular my d/e friends along with other amc fans went to an amc luncheon and told her this and she was shocked. Some actors are more vocal than others in there storyline, obviously susan is more low key or erica in vegas in a bad wig/bad beginnings wouldn't of happened. An I do think some of the vets have some storyline approval.

• Members

I just read the article that a friend scanned to me. To summarize: Di will visit Dixie in a European chalet and say "Merry Christmas, Dixie" and you will see Cady (Friday, December 23). (Also on Friday, according to Linda Hirsh spoilers "When Tad sees Clarence, his Christmas angel, he has a vision of Dixie.")

On Monday (December 26) Dixie and Di have conversations throughout the show and Di asks her the question the audience wants to know (why didn't she come back) but we shouldn't expect answers right away. The catalyst for Dixie's return will be found in the answers to the following questions: How could Dixie let them (her family) go through what they did (think she was dead)?; Did she know Di was there and does she know what Di did?

Cady said there have been a lot of discussions with a lot of people about how to bring Dixie back and the reason why she stayed away sounds like it will be the initial main story. This sounds to me like Dixie stayed away for a more significant reason than just being incapicitated. Maybe she thought she was protecting Tad and JR from a danger ... or I hope it somehow involves protecting or saving Kate! It also implies to me that she did not know that Di impersonated her. Can't wait to find out the answers to these questions!

Archived