Y&R: In Support of Jess Walton!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is very true. And if the newer actors have smaller guarntees or the "paid if you work" contracts, it doesn't make the impact. Still doesn't mean they shouldn't cut the cast, but it's not the deal breaker.

Wrote snail mail today in support.

• Members

I'm mad - this is how you reward an actress of 22 years in an extremely popular role? She's doing some of her best work in years! This is her reward? I wonder if MAB and Rauch are taking pay cuts. The quality of the show is going to go down significantly if they lose Jess.

This situation reminds me very much of Heather Tom/Amiila Heinle. The character of Victoria has never been the same since Tom left and i dare say ligthning won't strike twice with this re-cast either. I hope they can come back to the table and work something out.

• Members

I've never watched ATWT...I only know Martha from the Emmys and only knew she'd been axed once it had already happened.

She's on a trial run as a writer at B&B...her first script airs in April I believe! So it all worked out for Martha!

I will fight for Jess, she's sensational.

• Members

You're right. Jess doesn't work for the money. Though she never made Lucci or Dano or Thomas Scott style money...she still did well and hasn't lived like a moron blowing her money on clothes. She works on Y&R because she loves it and because she feels attached to Jill.

This dispute is not about money, it's about her episode guarantee.

• Members

If that is the case -- and if, as you say, Jeanne Cooper re-upped without cuts in episode guarantees, then Jess Walton should get the same deal.

IMO, Cooper and Walton are sort of a package deal. Even if they hadn't been playing mother and daughter (as they have these past few years), they are one of Y&R's premier "supercouples." Rather like Susan Flannery & Katherine Kelly Lang on B&B. Except moreso! Because the acrimony between Jill and Kay has been powering Y&R since 1973. And Walton has been in the role long enough that it is now her's.

If this had been about money, though... much as I love Walton, I am inclined to agree with RavenWhitney. It is a bad economy. Everybody is cutting back.

P.S.: If and WHEN Jess returns to the set -- I hope she considers growing her hair out longer. I love the whore hair LOL.

Archived