Y&R: In Support of Jess Walton!

• Members

I dont think Walton should get the same deal as Cooper.

Not because she is "less than" cooper or because cooper is older or anything like that.

Because i dont think just because one star gets this that every star does. each should be done differently, independently , and what one stars contract has should have no baring on another's.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA.

As for Jess receiving the Jeanne package: I guess this is exactly what is happening only different than you might think. My take is that Jeanne has an episode guarantee of ca. 80 episodes a year (with a high income though) but Jess still has numbers above 100 episodes which they probably want to cut back.

• Members

I get that. I feared that she'd say "whatever. Go to hell." Leave of her own accord instead of later, possibly phased out in a Julia Barr manner. I'm glad she signed, though, because I like Walton.

• Members

Heather Tom. Don Diamont. Jerry Douglas. Victoria Rowell.

extended departures of Lauren Woodland (I wish she'd stayed away), Eric Braeden, Melody Thomas, Sharon Case.

It hasn't gone all that well with these big deals.

She sure could have said f*ck off...I'm an earthy girl, and I'm ready to explore spirituality with my counselor husband.

The show has taken self-defeating entrenched positions before.

But you know, I just disagreed strongly with Brimike in the spoiler thread on this. He suggests this Walton-panic was an "overboard reaction"...but I suggested that it was an activistic response in a (justifiably) mistrusting audience.

Given how quickly this was resolved, one also wonders if the activism didn't help a smidge. I'll never know.

• Members

B&B eventually. DaytimeConfidential had a role for her picked out :)

I agree that if she'd made the choice to leave, it would have been basically a retirement move.

Anyway, she's staying. So, I'm gonna move on :)

Archived