March 9-13, 2009

Toups

• Members

I don't think viewers need quality acting to keep watching. There's good acting, entertaining camp acting (like what you get at B&B), adequate acting, flat acting from people who don't care, and really horrible acting. OLTL has some amazing, amazing talent on display every day, but I think they have to fight tooth and nail with the people who don't care or who are horrible. I don't think the schizophrenia helps ratings. Much less of Michael Easton, Trevor St. John, Crystal Hunt, Kristen Alderson, John Paul Lavoisser, and Farah Fath would do wonders.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL and OLTL were consistently the bottom feeders in the ratings and its going to be a while before the quality of both shows actually make a killing in the rating. I can't believe how amazing OLTL has been the last two weeks. As good as OLTL has been during some of those sweeps months in 2008 making it the soap of the year, this show has taken it to a whole different level with dramatic effective storylines. OLTL should get some credit for giving the actors under 18 really powerful storylines and effecting them. I can't believe I went the last two weeks sitting through the whole show without fast forwarding. Every scene has been that watchable.

One thing that OLTL has that other soaps don't have is a solid franchise actor in place right now for the future and that's Brandon Buddy who you all know as Cole. This guy is amazing and will be the next Anthony Geary aka Luke for soaps no doubt about it. I only have one question about OLTL and that is consistency, its very important for this show to be consistently good when it catches fire.

GL has been the best written soap over the course consistently since the start of 2009 and the only thing holding it back is horrible timeslots and a production model which won't get casual viewers interested. GL no doubts proves why it has a shot at being the first ever scripted show to break 100 years mark. Only renewals will tell but the show is definitely watchable now and Olivia and Natalia are carrying this show on their backs along with Phillip.

Don't expect OLTL or GL to good in the ratings this week but if they keep it up and word of mouth gets around then watch out B&B.

• Members

Hmmmm. Other than Stacey being inserted in every scene and storyline, and the goof troop known as Christian and Layla (Why are these two even still with the show?) I thought today was very good. It actually reminded me of Y&R. Not crazy action but alot of well written scenes with good character interaction. I thought the the Shane story today was very good and it didn't ask more than what JPL and FF can normally give.

• Members

ICAM about the quality of OLTL. I love the show for sentimental reasons, but I'm tired of trusting in the writers. The show gets really strong, then suddenly falls apart and it's not clear why the writers bothered with some storylines or even some characters. It's the least consistent show on air, IMO.

Archived