March 9-13, 2009

Toups

• Members

Would you get yelling at posters. Geesh...your AMC loyatly is getting out of hand. The show sucks dude. I've seen it this week and it didnt do [!@#$%^&*] for me. I can see where it got the 1.9 for the week. GL is close to AMC in HH numbers. If AMC slips further down GL could catch it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow depressing ratings overall. Glad OLTL went up. It is the only soap taht I have been thoroughly enjoying right now.

Still think AMC is better than last year, but I have been a little bored with it lately.

And Ron I am not aiming this at you but just in general.

Ever since I was asked by some to stop saying the same things over and over about fan bases I have been a little sensitive about people saying stuff to others about saying the same things over and over.

To me Kyle's overzelousness and love for AMC is no worse than some people who are constantly criticizing a show like some who come in here only to laugh when AMC gets close to GL or to say the same thing over and over about Pratt. Or for that matter those who always say the same thing about OLTL or Ron C.

To me if it is okay for one to say the same thing over and over and over and over and over then it is okay for another.

• Members

I agree with you. I have not watched AMC since March 2. This show is so bad right now that pretty soon GL will be ahead of them and Pratt, Frons and Carruthers deserve every bit of the horrible ratings they are getting. The show is digusting with Frons love of Ryawn. It's a darn shame that very talented actors like Darnell Williams and Debbie Morgan do not have their own storyline and playing supporting actors to other peoples storyline, while Ryawn is bed hopping front and centered storyline on every day with someone elses wife 5 seconds after another one of his love of his life is dead in the morgue down the street. They have all women walking around like stepford wives and drugged up. There are some incredible strong women on AMC, but Pratt thinks it's ok for strong men to make the women on AMC weak, patheic and needy. AMC is not the Soap I want to tune into and I'm very disgusted to see how awful the overall show has become.

• Members

What I don't understand though is where did all the love for Jessica Leccia come from all of a sudden.

A few months back even the staunchest of GL fans were calling her a waste of a character and wanted her gone. I have always liked her but I felt like I was the only one. It was very few people on the Internet who loved her and wanted her on GL and now all of a sudden she is a star and had a mad huge fan base.

I agree with you about Ryan but Zach is the character that disgusts me more than even Ryan.

I have never liked Zach much but I just can't stand him at all now.

The day that the news broke that he re-signed with the show was a very depressing day for me.

• Members

It's been said before, and it bears repeating, but the minor weekly fluctuations of that middle cluster of shows OLTL/GH/AMC/DAYS/ATWT really means very little. For all intents and purpose, they're in a tie. I think they're stuck in their weekly game of musical chairs, and nothing coming up storywise will probably change any of that and have one break away from the pack. I think the ones to watch in terms of real ratings growth/decline are GL and Y&R. GL's got some good word of mouth and its week-to-week ratings seem to be trending upward. As for Y&R, I didn't think it could sustain its inflated ratings once the Kay kidnapping thing came to an end, and I think that's what we're seeing now. The show's ratings seem to be dropping back to the pre-Marge/Kay territory.

• Members

I hope you don't plan to listen to those people. Isn't it enough that the crazy vocal fanbases rig online polls, bombard the show with dumb campaigns, and email the soap mags constantly? Why should they be allowed to post the same dingbat rants over and over unconfronted on this board also? Fanbases are part of what is ruining the soaps. We are supporting the soaps and their tenuous future by standing against these obsessive fanbases and their destructiveness.

• Members

Y&R has lost me. I have never been so bored with the show.

Don't pounce on me- but-

Do you think some viewers are just plain bored with it?

I have to say I only watched once this week but I was intrigued by Stacy Haiduk sp? She is a hot woman and she is really watchable. I am gonna check out spoilers and stuff and tune back in once her storyline gets going.

As far as OLTL its a total mixed bag- I am tuning on 2-3 times a week. I am starting to actually care who Rex's dad is as well as who this killer is and I am always glad when this underdog show shows any signs of sustaining or growth (even though the growth is always laughably miniscule)

GH is the most unbalanced soap ever. I don't even know how it stays ABC's top rated show. I think it is the timeslot. That 6 share said it all.

The Kevin/Stockholm Syndrome storyline is a snoozefest

• Members

Well I don't know how long this is gonna last, but congrats to OLTL! A well deserved bump in the ratings. The show has been quite entertaining as of late.

It's good to see GL, surprisingly, holding on steady in HH.

On Y&R, I'm gonna say this in all honesty, but Neil sleeping with Tyra has tainted his character in my eyes, and I've only been watching since 2002.

• Members

The polls have been suspended, but in the last one GH, Elizabeth and Jason won. Elizabeth and Jason also win the SID or is it the SOD poll all the time now. Think of the hours their fans must sit in front of the computer creating thousands of email addresses so they can vote a million times per day. LOL! How pathetic. Seriously, it isn't possible to ridicule these fanbases enough.

• Members

It's even more pathetic to me when these fansbases think that just because they're unhappy with the storyline of their favourite couple/actors, the ratings will fall. What the hell ever, like fanbases impact ratings much, if at all.

I really believe that quality storytelling and which characters are featured on the frontburner has very little to do with ratings, especially in daytime.

Archived