AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Members

So we're supposed to believe that Jamie Luner as a character that went to high school with MEK, Debbie and Darnell? Sure. Why not. Have at it.

And honestly soap writers need to realize that there are other careers besides lawyer, doctor, cop and "business tycoon."

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carrie Genzel played Skye for a year and a half - from Spring of 1996 to the Fall of 1997. And Behr was long gone from AMC when Genzel was let go. In fact, Francesca James had just taken over as EP when Genzel debuted.

I'm not a big fan of Genzel or anything... just wanted to clarify those events.

As for Luner, I was actually bothered by the idea of her playing Skye.... and am, to my surprise, a bit LESS bothered at the idea of her playing Liza.

I have ZERO worries about her "appearing too young." Luner has never appeared young to me by any stretch of the imagination. If she really was born in '71 (and I have serious doubts about that), I think she has always skewed older in her looks and delivery. And I'll tell you this... her voice and Marcy Walker's voice, as distinctive as they sound, are actually pretty similar to eachother.

If Luner goes blonde, the physical transition will be a lot easier. Beyond that, we'll have to wait and see. I'm curious how she'll do it.

As I mentioned in the other thread, it's ironic that Luner replaced (quite unsuccessfully) Ally Walker as the lead in the TV series, Profiler. Those two actresses couldn't have been more different... Yet, here's Luner assuming Marcy's role today, while Ally Walker was a near-recast-for / eventual-co-star-of Marcy from their days on Santa Barbara. Weird.

• Members

Agreed. This recast makes absolutely no sense. Looks like those who were dreaming of Mary Beth Evans as Liza can continue dreaming. I would have much rather seen Marcia McCabe take on the role.

Sure does suck for us! I miss her, but understand she's happy with her life now.

Co-sign.

I LOVED Carrie Genzel as Skye! She is love.

Genzel appeared for much longer than six months, as has been previously pointed out. Still love her & wish she'd return to daytime. I'd LOVE to see her as Victoria on Y&R.

I'm right there with ya, but what can you do?

• Members

Behr/James, doesn't matter who said it....it was said, lol, in print. That Genzel was dumped because the audience wouldn't accept anyone other than Christopher in the part. (Like I said, I know Genzel has fans, but that was the reasoning given by the EP at the time for firing her).

• Members

On the plus side, besides hopefully meaning appearances for Jen Bassey, Liza's return should increase airtime for Debbi and Darnell and give them something more substantial to do than just play town docter and police chief. I will be very disappointed if the show doesn't tap into Liza's rich history with these characters, especially Jesse.

Archived