AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looking forward to seeing Jamie Luner on TV again and on a show I watch... but it sounds like she'll be a completely reinvented character who happens to already have historical roots by being Colby's mom/Adam's ex etc. etc. but a completely new personality, job profession, etc. I doubt they'll be re-using the frumpy wardrobe they used on Marcy Walker either.

• Members

IMO Beth Ehlers would have been miscast as Liza, and I think JL is going to be as well

A lawyer? Liza's only been gone 3 or 4 years, she must be a damn good lawyer, to get out of law school and I'm guessing Pratt will have her be this world famous attorney

Would Liza secretly work with David? She hates him, I don't see her doing it if it hurt Colby in some way

Oh wait never mind, I'm trying to apply logic to this show, this is Pratt, he'll do whatever the hell he wants with her. I could see him writing her as Skye but calling her Liza........

Sorry but I can't see JL's Liza having been in school with Tad/Angie/Jesse nor can I see her having been married to Adam. It'd be like Blair and Asa from OLTL

• Members

Honestly, I don't think this actress is a good choice to play Liza. However, I will tune in when she first airs to check out her take on the character.

It would have been nice if Marcy Walker could return as Liza and Robin Christopher as Skye. But what can you do?

• Members

Because it was reported that Beth Ehlers was signed for the express purpose of playing Liza Colby, especially since RPG had already been cast as Jake Martin. Then, Pratt came along and thought up the whole Taylor/Jake falling in love while fighting over Iraq debacle which flopped bigtime. While JR Martinez has been a great find, less than six months into their story, Brot & Taylor have already been relegated to wallpaper status. Then AMC decides to recast Liza after all and they hire...Jamie Luner? This is just...WTF?! Ugh.

I imagine BE would give just about anything to be freezing her balls off in Peapack with Grant Aleksander right about now.

• Members

I'm glad Liza's back. I always thought it was wrong that she wasn't brought cast when Colby first came back. Liza has so many ties to the canvas. I still can't picture BeElhers as Liza now that I've seen her on AMC. Maybe this new girl will be better fit as Liza. I going to give her a chance and hope the story she gets is halfway decent.

Archived