AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What do you call that horrible period when she was paralyzed and screaming to be in Iraq again? She was bitch for 3-4 months straight, and that's what made me hate Taylor and BE. Since then, she's become tolerable again, but man those were some bad months.

• Members

It's time for actors to stop playing "good soldier." It's not good for them or the genre. That's why I've loved the statements made by Victoria Rowell, Cady McClain, Lauren Holly and others. This genre is essentially a big inbred mess and it's long past time to shine a light on it and chase the roaches away.

• Members

I disagree. I think when it's comments being made out of genuine concern and adoration for the future of the genre (i.e. McClain), then I can fully put my support behind the making of such statements. It's the shameless self promotion of Rowell that I cannot abide. Her ego is clearly inflated to the point where she's not seeing that Y&R hit a 4.0 in her absence, is on a creative upswing and now has a strong black cast (they may be stuck in their own sucky storyline, but at least they are THERE...when casting the role of a young African American female on my online soap I wasn't exactly overrun with choices from today's daytime landscape), she says these things under the guise of 'I love Y&R and the soap genre and I'm a crusader and blah blah blah' when all she wants is to get her name in the press. Unfortunately all she's doing is making a bad reputation for herself as a diva with a screwed up view of her own self importance. And Nia Peebles isn't much better.

Actors who 'take one for the team' are the ones keeping this genre afloat. If every actor walked out over demands about screen time and star preference then the soap genre would be in an even worse state than it currently is. For every Eden 'this will do until something better comes along' Riegel there's a Peter Bergman, a Rick Hearst...immensely talented actors happy to make a career in daytime, even if it means playing second fiddle to someone else's star.

What this has to do with Jamie Luner joining All My Children, however....

Archived