AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Marcy Walker came back playing Liza as a lawyer, I could accept that, not because I think Jamie Luner can't play that profession but because at least with Marcy there will be at least one recognizable trait, namely her physical appearance. But Jamie's Liza is going to have a completely different face, a new profession, and on top of that she'll probably have a Southern twang. That's just too much for me to handle all at once.

• Members

Yes, she accused Jesse of raping her, which prompted that great Jenny/Jesse on the run in the NYC storyline in the summer of 82 or 83. It would be great if they could tap into that history. Sadly, I don't think there are any writers still around from that era of the show who'd remember that. Hopefully Darnell and Debbi can give the writers insight into the characters' dynamics from that time period.

• Members

my thoughts exactly--like others have said, Marcy is in a new life and enjoying the work--and I think Liza is a necessary character on the canvas. I'm really curious to see what changes Jamie made for this role (hair?)

• Members

God, I hope they don't go in the Zack/Liza direction, but they probably will, since we all know that she certainly wasn't hired to be Knight's or Canary's new romance. I can't see Kaye or Luner having any chemistry. I CAN see her with Irizzary, though. I can even see her sizzling up the screen with Jacob Young, but am not sure they'd go in that direction.

Archived