AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Members

Glad Liza's back, but would've preferred Marcy Walker in the role. Would love to see Skye back now, too, since she has lots of ties to PV also, despite being gone all these years (all the Chandler family members, Tad, Erica, Jesse, Angie, Erica, Opal, Palmer, Jackson, Jake, etc...I wish I could add Brooke and Dixie as well, but they're gone).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh wow Pratt is a big whole hack once again.

I guess by this logic Irna Phillips was a hack too.

She had one character leave town as a high school senior and 4 weeks later come back as a full fledged surgeon. That is 4 years of college plus medical school in 4 weeks.

Other characters throughout soaps have gone through similar transformations too. On Another World both Jamie Frame and Alice Frame were gone from town for short periods of time and came back to town as doctors.

And she is definitely not the first character to go through personality transformations while they out of town either.

Why can people buy that Colby ages 10 years or more in those 3 to 4 years but they can't buy that Liza would have gone to law school in that amount of time. Pratt was not the one that aged her.

Out of all the things that we ahve been asked to buy by other writers over the last few years on All My Children Liza being a lawyer is the least of my worries.

I mean we have Erica Kane have a child all of a sudden we never knew about. In the process she is deaged by about 15 years to being in her 40's when she is well into her 50's. She is now supposed to be the same age as Tad.

Petey is supposed to be the same age as Amanda since they were born in the same year on the show.

We are also supposed to buy that something medically impossible happened when the unabortion happened and Erica's child was not aborted after all.

Di Kirby is brought on as Dixie and supposed to be old enough to be JR's mother. Then all of a sudden she is a fraud and she is running around with the folks who are near JR's age. And no one even questions it.

And on and on I could go.

Liza being a lawyer is the least of my worries. As is her age. Both are insignificant to me at this point.

I am more worried about whether she will be a good Liza or not. I am just not sure about that one yet.

• Members

I'm really hoping that this means we'll be seeing more of Jennifer Bassey. Crossing fingers. With Marian's step-son Scott also returning, it makes perfect sense for her to appear regularly. Wonder if Pratt even knows who she is? Has she even appeared at all during Pratt's tenure?

• Members

I would not have mind seeing Jamie Luner as Skye. I'm sure there are a lot of All My Children fans like me who never followed Robin Christopher to the other ABC soaps. And to us Skye isn't a signature role that could not be recast.

I'll give Jamie Luner a chance as Liza. I just hope she doesn't become a completely different character who just happens to be named Liza Colby.

• Members

We've got the same wish regarding Jennifer Bassey...fingers double crossed!

Did Pratt write Angie and Jesse's wedding? If so then he does know who she is (or at least one of the breakdown writers does) because she was in that episode and discussed with Stuart how she thought A & J would hate her for all the sh*t that went down back in the day with Liza...

• Members

Thats probably not the best ic of her but she definetly knows how to sex it up.

Im looking at this pic of her and it just SCREAMS Skye. WTF looked at her and thought she'd look better as Liza instead? I hope they do some quick thinking and change their minds about who she is playing

1237262042.jpg

And she has been recasted, successfully as well. Carie Genzel played Skye in the mid 90s and was very well recieved. She made me a fan of the character and I only came to love Robin's Skye after the character became a favorite of mine under Genzel.

Nope, B & E were still on the show during the wedding

• Members

She looks good in that pic, very Skye-like

I just can't see her as mother to Brianne's Colby, not sure of Brianne's age, but she looks to me like she's 24 at best

But I guess it wouldn't be that much different than Cady and Jacob, given Cady didn't look old enough to be mom to JY's JR.

• Members

I know Carrie Genzel had her fans, but she was fired after 9 months because as then-AMC Executive Producer Felicia Behr said, IN PRINT, the audience wouldn't accept anyone other than Robin Christopher in the part.

So let her play Liza. It's a done deal, anyway.

• Members

I never heard of this girl, but she wasn't on Melrose during it's watchable, classic phase (before MP blew up because of Kimberly and all these new characters got introduced), but to me she looks like your typical big-haired soap actress, they laugh alike, talk alike, at times they even walk alike, it will blow your mind.

The only upside is it might be Marion Colby gets to come onscreen, but I can see Kendell II coming a mile away with this one. I assume she will be a force of nature every man is fascinated with, yet every other force of nature will snark with her. They would have been better served bringing back Scott Chandler as a hunky yet lovable saint to clash with JR and Adam, rather than this person.

• Members

Kendall II. Janie Luner is very close in age with Alicia Minshew. Liza shouldnt be in the same age group as Kendall, Ryan, etc... She should be closer to late 40s, pushing 50 like Tad, Angie, Jesee

Really? I never heard anyone say a bad thing about Carrie. She played Skye in one of my favorite AMC stories ever and I knew the Kinder plot was pretty popular during its time

I believe she's about 25. I rememebr people making a deal about them aging Colby with the recast to put her with Frankie

So do you guys think they will even attemp to make her look like Marcy Walker? They could dye her hair blonde (which I think would look disastrous on her) or they could bring her on and force us to accept her as the new red headed Liza

• Members

Liza was not herself for her last 3 or 4 years in Pine Valley, even with Marcy Walker in the role. I don't think Liza is unrecastable. Where I'm concerned is what Liza will be under Pratt's pen. I don't want to see more female characters who are relegated to being known as sluts, whores, or victims. Or another one-dimensional joke like David who exists only to cause problems for Tad and JR.

I'm also not sure if giving the current Colby more airtime is a good idea.

At least this might give us Marian back.

I was a big fan of Carrie Genzel when she played Skye. I'd never seen Robin's Skye, but from what I went on to see of her on OLTL and GH, I thought Carrie was just as good as Robin. Carrie had such poor writing throughout her time on the show and she got better and better. She had some beautiful scenes with Stuart and she brought dignity to what was nothing more than a plot device for Maria's endless woes. I think AMC made a mistake in firing her, but I guess even if she'd stayed on, she would have had to have gone within a few years, since they wanted Robin back as Skye.

Archived